GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Precison Raceworks Stage 3 LPFP DIY/Tips

Turbo toic

its not working correctly. Car runs and drives fine in normal driving. No misfire or anything.
I did run through the gears with vcds. In the picture you can see the misfire count with cyc 2 is more than the others. This one i was actually the better one. This was a one of the base files sent to me. Another base file i had, cyc 2 had 27 misfire counts. With the same driving style.

Attachments

• 9B8698B7-8547-4CAE-B17A-BE510557FA4E.jpeg
    9B8698B7-8547-4CAE-B17A-BE510557FA4E.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 170

Turbo toic

I am not running a pump controller as im not running any “e” blends. From what the tuner said and from reading on the forums i dont need it as long as the tuner does his thing. So im ruling that out.

MK_7R

Passed Driver's Ed
Another resurrection of this thread!

Firstly, big thanks to Diggs, for the great info, really helpful!

I've just installed the PR stage 3 kit on my Golf R as well as their upgraded fuel line - all seems to be running well, however, scanned the car with OBD11 and got the following codes;

P008900 - Fuel pressure regulator 'A' performance
P307300 - Fuel pump 'Electrical error in circuit'

Wondering if anyone has any input on these?

Car is running the Revo stage 3 kit and has the updated software to accommodate the upgraded pumps.

I done some logging with JB4 right after the install and initially the fuel trims were still as high as they were before upgrading the LPFP. However, I cleared the codes and went for a few more logging runs and the fuel trims are much more in check. Is it possible that the car needed to run a few kms to adapt to the upgrade?

I will get a some more kms on her and scan the car again and see if the codes reappear but just wanted to double check with you guys.

Thanks in advance for your input!

MK_7R

Passed Driver's Ed
You'll get those codes after pulling the connector when you start it to let it die.

Thanks for the input Diggs, appreciate it!

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GTI
Sorry to resurrect the thread again, but I've been having some LPFP issues after installing the PR Stage 3 kit. I have the blue lpfp top, so I figured fitment issues wouldn't be a problem, but it was. I'm in the middle of getting tuned by EQT and they kept telling me to check the O-ring or venturi installation. See an example of a bad log below:

https://datazap.me/u/ssjneko1/log-1590080913?log=0&data=6-15

I really don't know what to look for on the log to verify fuel pressure drops, so I've just been looking at my LTFT and STFT% and if my STFT% sky rockets, then I figure I have a problem. Is this correct or is there another way to check it??? After removing, running logs and installing the lpfp about 5 times, I finally zip-tied the lpfp into place to keep the O-ring seated. This seemed to do the trick. See log below:

https://datazap.me/u/ssjneko1/log-1590080913?log=1&data=6-15-35

The STFT% was all in the negatives, which I assumed was great and EQT verified that my problem was solved. EQT sent me a new revision that upped the boost and timing and I just wanted someone to tell me how to check and see if my fuel pressure is dropping again or if this is normal considering the upped boost and timing. I didn't want to wait the 3 days or so for EQT to come back and say I have an issue, then try and fix it and wait another few days etc. See most recent log below:

https://datazap.me/u/ssjneko1/log-1590080913?log=2&data=6-15-35

I don't know if this is an issue or normal since my STFT% seems to be creeping up, but not nearly to the extent as the 1st bad log, and I don't know if I should trim some of the lpfp basket areas to get a better seat on the o-ring. Also, I'm IS38 running full E85.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Sorry to resurrect the thread again, but I've been having some LPFP issues after installing the PR Stage 3 kit. I have the blue lpfp top, so I figured fitment issues wouldn't be a problem, but it was. I'm in the middle of getting tuned by EQT and they kept telling me to check the O-ring or venturi installation. See an example of a bad log below:

https://datazap.me/u/ssjneko1/log-1590080913?log=0&data=6-15

I really don't know what to look for on the log to verify fuel pressure drops, so I've just been looking at my LTFT and STFT% and if my STFT% sky rockets, then I figure I have a problem. Is this correct or is there another way to check it??? After removing, running logs and installing the lpfp about 5 times, I finally zip-tied the lpfp into place to keep the O-ring seated. This seemed to do the trick. See log below:

https://datazap.me/u/ssjneko1/log-1590080913?log=1&data=6-15-35

The STFT% was all in the negatives, which I assumed was great and EQT verified that my problem was solved. EQT sent me a new revision that upped the boost and timing and I just wanted someone to tell me how to check and see if my fuel pressure is dropping again or if this is normal considering the upped boost and timing. I didn't want to wait the 3 days or so for EQT to come back and say I have an issue, then try and fix it and wait another few days etc. See most recent log below:

https://datazap.me/u/ssjneko1/log-1590080913?log=2&data=6-15-35

I don't know if this is an issue or normal since my STFT% seems to be creeping up, but not nearly to the extent as the 1st bad log, and I don't know if I should trim some of the lpfp basket areas to get a better seat on the o-ring. Also, I'm IS38 running full E85.

In your datalog, do you have the parameter LPFP Pressure Actual (psi) selected? With that selected, you'll be able to tell if you lpfp is failing.

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GTI
The datalogs I posted are EQT's recommended datalogs list that they send out to every customer. They could clearly see there was an issue with my lpfp using the logs I attached, I just don't know what they were looking at. I asked them the same question and this was their response:

"we analyze multiple channels to detect the pressure loss, it’s looking at your injection performance basically, HPFP doesn’t show too much unless you are really on the limit."

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
The datalogs I posted are EQT's recommended datalogs list that they send out to every customer. They could clearly see there was an issue with my lpfp using the logs I attached, I just don't know what they were looking at. I asked them the same question and this was their response:

"we analyze multiple channels to detect the pressure loss, it’s looking at your injection performance basically, HPFP doesn’t show too much unless you are really on the limit."

Look at HPFP effective pump vol %. This normally peaks around peak torque and then decreases with rpm, especially a turbo that can't maintain boost steady all the way to red line. Remember the hpfp runs off the cam, so at high rpm its fuel pumping capacity is huge. Yours is peaked at 100 all the way to red line.....from this you can infer that your low side fuel pressure/fuel flow is really struggling. Your actual high side fuel pressure isn't affected yet, but you may be right at the limit.

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GTI
Look at HPFP effective pump vol %. This normally peaks around peak torque and then decreases with rpm, especially a turbo that can't maintain boost steady all the way to red line. Remember the hpfp runs off the cam, so at high rpm its fuel pumping capacity is huge. Yours is peaked at 100 all the way to red line.....from this you can infer that your low side fuel pressure/fuel flow is really struggling. Your actual high side fuel pressure isn't affected yet, but you may be right at the limit.

It's not this, my fueling is nowhere close to maxed out on the first 2 logs and was at 100 all the way to redline on the second datalog that I was told was perfect and the problem solved. I'm thinking it has something to do with cylinder 1 injector end angle primary pulse degrees along with STFT%. In the first log, you can see cyl. 1 inj. end angle dropping to it's lowest point at 5200 rpms and holding there all the way to redline, at the same time that gets to it's lowest point, STFT% begins to rise. On the first log, I was getting fuel cuts around 6100rpms.

On the 2nd log, which is the same tune, just with a zip-tied lpfp, the cyl. 1 inj. end angle never reaches that low point, so the STFT% stays consistent and low.

On the 3rd log, which is upped boost and timing, the cyl. 1 inj. end angle once again reaches that low point at 6100 rpms and the STFT% starts to rise again. I don't know if it's from my lpfp O-ring or venturi failing again or because of additional requested fuel and the lpfp is now maxed out. Ugh, I think I'm going to pull the lpfp and trim a bit more to give it some more clearance. This will be the 8th time I've removed this damn thing. Does any of this make sense? I don't know what cylinder 1 injector end angle even means. I assume the more pressure I have, the narrower that angle will be, so if pressure drops, the end angle ... widens out? I don't know how to read it as far as degrees go, maybe I'm backwards. I guess I'll update when EQT gets back to me. I just want to be able to read my logs confidently and not be worried about my lpfp ever again.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
It's not this, my fueling is nowhere close to maxed out on the first 2 logs and was at 100 all the way to redline on the second datalog that I was told was perfect and the problem solved. I'm thinking it has something to do with cylinder 1 injector end angle primary pulse degrees along with STFT%. In the first log, you can see cyl. 1 inj. end angle dropping to it's lowest point at 5200 rpms and holding there all the way to redline, at the same time that gets to it's lowest point, STFT% begins to rise. On the first log, I was getting fuel cuts around 6100rpms.

On the 2nd log, which is the same tune, just with a zip-tied lpfp, the cyl. 1 inj. end angle never reaches that low point, so the STFT% stays consistent and low.

On the 3rd log, which is upped boost and timing, the cyl. 1 inj. end angle once again reaches that low point at 6100 rpms and the STFT% starts to rise again. I don't know if it's from my lpfp O-ring or venturi failing again or because of additional requested fuel and the lpfp is now maxed out. Ugh, I think I'm going to pull the lpfp and trim a bit more to give it some more clearance. This will be the 8th time I've removed this damn thing. Does any of this make sense? I don't know what cylinder 1 injector end angle even means. I assume the more pressure I have, the narrower that angle will be, so if pressure drops, the end angle ... widens out? I don't know how to read it as far as degrees go, maybe I'm backwards. I guess I'll update when EQT gets back to me. I just want to be able to read my logs confidently and not be worried about my lpfp ever again.
Injection angle is related to injector timing which is based on exhaust cam position, ign timing, injector pulsewidth etc. Not really relevant here. Injector pw is. You normally see injector pw spike when high side fuel pressure drops etc. Positive STFT literally is commanding additional injector pw.