GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Precison Raceworks Stage 3 LPFP DIY/Tips

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
After seeing what my sock caught after I did an adjustment to the setscrews I would advise against. It was only in there maybe a few hundred miles.

I'll keep it then. I just dont know how I'm gonna set my pump in there while keeping the float in a good spot. I have the green basket and already shaved things down to get more compression on the top

MadMen

Ready to race!
I have green basket also, and didn't realize it needed extra shaving. I'm pretty sure my whole gas tank is bowed at the bottom after I forced that sucker in there. But it seems to be working fine the second time around now....

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
What does this mean? You racekar now. 1/4 tank? fill it up.

I think when I jam the basket down in the tank, the float doesn't sit the way its supposed to and its probably getting hung up on something but I cant see well enough because I'm pushing as hard as possible trynna get that thing in there. Gas gauge just sits at flashing even after putting 7 gallons in.

MadMen

Ready to race!
I think when I jam the basket down in the tank, the float doesn't sit the way its supposed to and its probably getting hung up on something but I cant see well enough because I'm pushing as hard as possible trynna get that thing in there. Gas gauge just sits at flashing even after putting 7 gallons in.

That’s what mine did the first couple times. I kept taking it out and reseating it till it finally went in right. Lots of profanity!

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
That’s what mine did the first couple times. I kept taking it out and reseating it till it finally went in right. Lots of profanity!

You're probably a good 2 hrs away from me and it might almost be worth bringing it to you so you can show me what you did lol it would save my car the verbal abuse

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Problem I had even with the sock smooshed all the way, it still wasn’t enough for the syphon tube to seat. Though I’m also on the CTS kit though.

16CSGGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
What does this mean? You racekar now. 1/4 tank? fill it up.

I'm installing this pump into the GTI this weekend. Just how far off is everyones fuel gauge with this pump installed?

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I'm installing this pump into the GTI this weekend. Just how far off is everyones fuel gauge with this pump installed?
My gauge was as accurate as original, my accuracy never changed

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

CrossFit67

Ready to race!
Just installed the shit out of this! Thanks for the tips. Honestly, it really wasn't as difficult as I thought that it would be and I'm about a 6.5 out of 10 mechanically ;-)

The only thing that I would add is that I used a couple of intermediary drill bits from my own kit to get the holes started and then to widen the holes in between the two bits that were provided. I also was a bit conservative with my cuts with the Dremel saw blade and then adjusted with a Dremel grinder bit as necessary to get them exact and nice and clean. I also used the grinder to make the top of the holes inside the bucket nice and flush to prevent leaking around the bolts. Finally, I would consider replacing the fuel pump/tank gasket when you reinstall the pump back into the car. This is a $15 part that is widely available online.

Of course, have your new tune that supports this pump on hand. Jon from 5150 gave me a new version of mine that supports this pump no problem. I'm going to log a few runs on pump gas and then get an E30 version from him, which is why I did the upgrade. Hope to run E85 later when I either upgrade the high pressure pump or opt for MPI.

Thanks, again to Diggs24 and all who contributed to this thread and good luck to anyone embarking on this mod!

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Just installed the shit out of this! Thanks for the tips. Honestly, it really wasn't as difficult as I thought that it would be and I'm about a 6.5 out of 10 mechanically ;-)

The only thing that I would add is that I used a couple of intermediary drill bits from my own kit to get the holes started and then to widen the holes in between the two bits that were provided. I also was a bit conservative with my cuts with the Dremel saw blade and then adjusted with a Dremel grinder bit as necessary to get them exact and nice and clean. I also used the grinder to make the top of the holes inside the bucket nice and flush to prevent leaking around the bolts. Finally, I would consider replacing the fuel pump/tank gasket when you reinstall the pump back into the car. This is a $15 part that is widely available online.

Of course, have your new tune that supports this pump on hand. Jon from 5150 gave me a new version of mine that supports this pump no problem. I'm going to log a few runs on pump gas and then get an E30 version from him, which is why I did the upgrade. Hope to run E85 later when I either upgrade the high pressure pump or opt for MPI.

Thanks, again to Diggs24 and all who contributed to this thread and good luck to anyone embarking on this mod!

Awesome.

You'll need MPI for E85. I can't even run full E85 with a smaller turbo.

CrossFit67

Ready to race!
Just went for a longer ride. The car performed fine, but threw a CEL. When I read the code using ODB11 here is what it said:

Not sure if it’s the new tune causing this or the pump itself. Cleared the code and will monitor.

On a side note, my Accessport does not appear to be able to clear codes lately. I have to use ODB11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Just went for a longer ride. The car performed fine, but threw a CEL. When I read the code using ODB11 here is what it said:

Not sure if it’s the new tune causing this or the pump itself. Cleared the code and will monitor.

On a side note, my Accessport does not appear to be able to clear codes lately. I have to use ODB11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P308D? What's the actual code?