GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk6 Wheel/Fitment Info Thread!

torga

Autocross Champion
Opinions on a 18x8.5 et30 with a 245/35 tire? Stock height for now, I've got no issue rolling fenders.
Eager to hear as well. My preferred wheel would lead me to 18x9 +35 and at least 235/40. But I dunno about it, since I don't wanna run a bunch of camber in the front.

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
Opinions on a 18x8.5 et30 with a 245/35 tire? Stock height for now, I've got no issue rolling fenders.
ET30 is going to stick out quite a bit, and 245s are going to look meaty on 8.5" This is 18x8.5 ET38 with 235/40.
IMG_0654.jpg
IMG_0655.jpg

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
I should also add that they didn't rub at stock height, but they did rub with VWR springs installed. You won't need to roll the fenders, though, they fender screw mod solved the issue.

SliMbo2.5

Ready to race!
Looking for some experienced help with this wheel size. I recently picked up a 2.5 Golf and would really like to run a set of Alzor 803 wheels. They are 17x8 et30.
The car is not lowered yet and it is my daily driver(I'm trying to stay w/ 17" dia to keep some meat) so it won't really get any lower than a 1.5" drop. How much fender rolling will I really need to do?
pic for attention...;)
View attachment myGOLF.jpeg

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Looking for some experienced help with this wheel size. I recently picked up a 2.5 Golf and would really like to run a set of Alzor 803 wheels. They are 17x8 et30.
The car is not lowered yet and it is my daily driver(I'm trying to stay w/ 17" dia to keep some meat) so it won't really get any lower than a 1.5" drop. How much fender rolling will I really need to do?
pic for attention...;)
View attachment 195495
et30 would be really, really aggressive for these cars.

I’m poking around and I can’t believe the 803 isn’t available in a +45.

SliMbo2.5

Ready to race!
et30 would be really, really aggressive for these cars.

I’m poking around and I can’t believe the 803 isn’t available in a +45.

Yeah, I was also. I kept diving into running those and I think it'll just be more than I want to do on this daily driver right now. I did find some oem AMG wheels that might fit with less fender work but they were just the fronts from the staggered set(18x8.5 et35, if I remember correctly). Way more coin for the AMGs than what I can spend now with my truck needing new leaf packs before spring camping season.

Yai

Passed Driver's Ed
Just sold my 3sdm 0.05 wheels that were 18x8.5 et42 with 225/40/R18 rubber. Im
Lowered about 2” on coils( won’t be able to adjust height after 5 years). The rims I want (previous year) are 18x8.5 et30. Can I get by without having to get camber adjustment? Or am I looking at major rubbing?

thanks,

Ron

torga

Autocross Champion
Just sold my 3sdm 0.05 wheels that were 18x8.5 et42 with 225/40/R18 rubber. Im
Lowered about 2” on coils( won’t be able to adjust height after 5 years). The rims I want (previous year) are 18x8.5 et30. Can I get by without having to get camber adjustment? Or am I looking at major rubbing?

thanks,

Ron
With the same size tires, they'll rub majorly. My bet is you'll need an aggressive stretch and more camber.

Yai

Passed Driver's Ed
I forgot to mention as I would go to 215/40/R18 tire instead of the 225/40. Do you think it’ll still rub quite a bit? And, would fender roll take care of that?

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I forgot to mention as I would go to 215/40/R18 tire instead of the 225/40. Do you think it’ll still rub quite a bit? And, would fender roll take care of that?

https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/

You will still be sitting 1/4" farther poke than you are now. You'd have to go to something like 205s to get close to your current specs which I am assuming don't rub, which shouldn't be mounted on an 8.5" wheel and will be very stretched.

torga

Autocross Champion
ok I found rim that is 18x8.5 +35 which might just work...
It'll still be quite aggressive, and you'll at least need a 225 tire, if not a 215. But it's more doable than your previous spec.

Domo The Kid

Hey guys, long time lurker. I have been doing research and I’m just going in circles. About to make the purchase on some Work emotions Dr9. The shop I’m getting them from will custom drill for the 5x112 bolt pattern. But before I drop the cash I want to make sure I’m straight on fitment. Currently stock suspension, looking to go air later in the summer. Would 18x8.5 et38 all around be an issue. I don’t mind a slight poke and stretch look. To add getting the wider seibon fenders.