GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
other day... since I couldn't find reasonably priced plates for my Olympic bar I thought.... Try them?

lmao, send em to me Ive been looking for some plates to weigh down my heavy bag stand.

Attachments

• hb.jpg
    hb.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 56

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
lmao, send em to me Ive been looking for some plates to weigh down my heavy bag stand.
Lol... I'm repurposing them for now.

Had the same issue with bag/stand so I got rid of it. Got a Century BoB. Filled it with sand and then water. Perfect. I like it way better as you're teaching yourself to punch head, ribs, kidney.. For me better muscle memory

jedred1

jedred1
Removed the Fumoto valve and replaced with standard oil drain plug then torqued to 30 Nm. Topped off with 250 ml of oil I lost in the process. My car is moderately lowered and I don't want to repeat my near disaster of having the valve knocked lose again so done with Fumoto. It did work well but hung to low for my car : (

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
Removed the Fumoto valve and replaced with standard oil drain plug then torqued to 30 Nm. Topped off with 250 ml of oil I lost in the process. My car is moderately lowered and I don't want to repeat my near disaster of having the valve knocked lose again so done with Fumoto. It did work well but hung to low for my car : (
I see that you are on DG springs. The drop was still too low for Fumoto valve?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
The car at stock height is too low for a Fumoto valve IMO.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
They just lead to trouble. Every person I've ever known who had a fumoto valve went back to stock.

jedred1

jedred1
I see that you are on DG springs. The drop was still too low for Fumoto valve?
My first one was not so low hanging. Maybe the supplied washer wasn't as thick so the valve could be turned 1/4 more so it was about at 9 o'clock. My new valve would only turn to 7 o'clock. Either way it's just a peace of mind thing for me. Not quite as convenient but tucked away nice now.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-schwabe...-dual-powered-oil-extractor/025857sch01a~sch/

Do it, forget the lazy valves. :)

Personally, I started shopping for a steel building to build a shop in the backyard. It's not going to happen anytime soon, but I am NOT going through another winter with no place to work other than a cramped 1-car. Plus, have no interest in leaving the TTRS outside and I just spent $4000 to get the 944 up and running (still needs brakes and tires) and I'm not going to let it sit outside again.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-schwabe...-dual-powered-oil-extractor/025857sch01a~sch/

Do it, forget the lazy valves. :)

Personally, I started shopping for a steel building to build a shop in the backyard. It's not going to happen anytime soon, but I am NOT going through another winter with no place to work other than a cramped 1-car. Plus, have no interest in leaving the TTRS outside and I just spent $4000 to get the 944 up and running (still needs brakes and tires) and I'm not going to let it sit outside again.
This, but fuck ECS tuning

SJC

Ready to race!
Moved ST rear sway bar mounts to tightest adjustment holes after removing aftermarket coil overs.
Back to stock suspension and the tighter sway bar helps.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion