GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by MadSc13ntist

1. M

FS - 2013 VW GTI - $10k

Selling my 2013 VW GTI - 114,500 miles, manual transmission - Diesel Geek short throw shifter, Raceseng shift knob, Audi R8 coil packs, PCV valve just changed, Grey with plaid interior, 4 door, rear wiper delete - $10k - located in Houston
  2. M

FS - MK6 Cobb Accessport

Cobb for sale, MK6 - $550 shipped
  3. M

Engine replacement cost

I bought it used and I’m starting to see some issues pop up that make me think it wasn’t taken care of real well. I’m not sure if it was overheated before or not. And I feel like for an extra $1k I won’t have to worry about it or any other potential problems hanging around.
  4. M

Engine replacement cost

He said he didn’t think it was worth it to do just that due to the cost. He thought he could do both for around $1500’ish. He had to check prices in the fans. But for $1500 more I get a whole engine. Hard not to think that is the better choice.
  5. M

Engine replacement cost

It’s a different mechanic. The one quoting the swap is a mobile mechanic who has been coming to my house for years working on our other cars. He will install it for $500 so $3k for rebuilt and installed. Vs $2 for hoping there isn’t more damage down the line.
  6. M

Engine replacement cost

What is a fair price to replace a GTI engine ? I’m being told $2k to replace both cooling fans and water pump. I think I can get a rebuilt engine for $2500 plus install. Really considering replacing the whole engine. Thoughts ?
  7. M

Coolant leak and check engine lights

I have had a coolant leak for about a week now and the check engine light just came on. Took it to the shop and Im being told there is a cooling fan circuit code, knock sensor code and a intake manifold control code, need to replace both cooling fans, water pump and flush the cooling system and...
  8. M

FS: APR intake, Catless DP, Spulen Turbo MD & TOP and more....

APR Intake Gen 2 - $200 DP-$75 How much with shipping to 77049 ?
  9. M

Shift Knob

No worries, thanks anyways. Im hoping gorilla glue does the trick
  10. M

Shift Knob

are you selling just the knob or the whole assembly? I broke the assembly trying to swap out my shift boot
  11. M

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

Maybe this is a secret plan to make SS benefits still available for the rest of us. If we wipe out everyone sucking it dry then we will still have something in there, its genius....I mean horrible how could they do that.
  12. M

Mk6 GTI Accessport & Accesstuner Updates - New OTS Maps, New Tables, New Monitors

New to tuning and turbos so hopefully this isnt an idiotic question. I was looking into what all to monitor as far as gauges and i see several people talking about DAM, Fine Knock Learn and Feedback Knock but I dont see them as an option. Are they under different names or am I just doing...
  13. M

Hit a metal floor cover

It really depends on where it hit under your car. When i had my mustang there was a car door laying in the middle of the road and i hit it doing 80 and it stuck under my car. I had to have a tow truck lift me up so we could get it out. Aside from a few scratches it didnt do any damage at all.
  14. M

Shift boot replacement

I thought about check Ebay but I never really know how the fit is. They will always say its a fit but who really knows till after you invest time and money to find out. I was tempted to glue back the snap-ring and then glue the suede to the edge of it and trim off everything else and see if it...