GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by mcfaddenmkvi

1. mcfaddenmkvi

Wtb stock exhaust NJ

Anyone selling their stock exhaust? I'm located in south jersey. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. mcfaddenmkvi

South Jersey car meets.

There are weekly car meets every Tuesday night at the shore mall in south jersey. Is usually a huge turnout and starts at 9pm. Would be nice to have a good amount of vws in attendance.
  3. mcfaddenmkvi

Thud noise after new brake pad install

Replaced my front and rear pads today. Fronts are fine. But the rears make a thud noise then applied for the first time driving if going slow. If I go in reverse it does it as well. So if I reverse then first back and forth it keeps making the thud noise. Anyone know what this could be?
  4. mcfaddenmkvi

Just test drove LS6 CTS V (2005)

also if you get one convert the two piece driveshaft to a custom single piece. Will save you pain of it snapping in the long run.
  5. mcfaddenmkvi

If you want traction get an awd version of the ctsv. Rwd v does go shift left to right and have horrible rear wheel hop. Like I said if you want control get am awd model v. Regardless whatever makes you happy with your decision is what matters.
  6. mcfaddenmkvi

Coming from a cts I can agree with you on some.. They are known for blowing the rear diffs out of no where and not even when driving hard. They are all over the place on the forums. Also the rear bushings fail which leads to rear issues. Plus the clutch and tob is worse in them with issues then...
  7. mcfaddenmkvi

MRR vs VMR

Been going back and forth between black vmr 710 and mrr wheels that look exactly like the vmr 710s but in black pearl. Does anyone know anything about mrr? Price for wheels and tires mounted is almost exactly the same. Input would be greatly appreciated.
  8. mcfaddenmkvi

Would you trade for a e46 M3??

BMWs used can be the worst decision. Talk to any good transmission shop and they will tell you that buying used with that many miles is asking for a problem. The SMG is rediculious to fix. Unless money isn't a factor.
  9. mcfaddenmkvi

Door speakers

Was driving to work this morning listening to music which wasn't loud at all. Hit a normal NJ bump in the road which was nothing out of the norm. Right after I hit that bump my passenger door speaker starts rattling sounding like its blown. Has anyone had any issues with this? I'll be checking...
  10. mcfaddenmkvi

2015 Mustang GT vs 2016 Golf R Discussion Thread

I'd pick the R for two reason. The R has all wheel drive and the new mustang looks like a ford fusion in the front.
  11. mcfaddenmkvi

Dubs on the boards

Anyone going to dubs on the boards next Saturday in wildwood?
  12. mcfaddenmkvi

New Jersey Thread...

Located in lindenwold in south jersey. Always up for a cruise, chill, or meet. Here is my mk6
  13. mcfaddenmkvi

Anyone in south jersey have a vag com?

Bought a gti used with 20000 miles on her. New to vw so I didn't know about vag com tweaks and its apparent that my car has them and the dealer doesn't know what they are doing. Car keeps saying bulbs out when none are. They took all the led lights out previous owner put in and still can't fix...
  14. mcfaddenmkvi

Lighting issues

I'm a new gti owner and new to the forum as well. Sorry if there's a post for this already. Has anyone else had an issue with one of their reverse lights not working. I changed the bulbs and checked fuses. Brought it to dealer and they have had it over a week now. Got the light to work but now...