GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
S
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I think the reason that people are not going the way of the Sachs SRE clutch kits here in the States is because they are not widely available locally. I actually was going that route and called them directly to find out more about those kits. If you are thinking about the kit with the pressure plate and Organic disk reusing your Stock OEM Dual Mass Flywheel you need to find out if you have a SACHS or a LUK flywheel. They will need to know in order to send you the correct kit. In Europe all of the GTI's and Golf R's have SACHS Flywheels so it's a no brainer, however in the states it's a crap shoot since both LUK and SACHS Flywheels are being used. The only way to tell is to take the transmission apart which is a pain just to determine which Flywheel you have. So if you order the kit and it's wrong you need to send it back and wait for them to send you the right one. Big pain in the rump. Also the converted price from app. 636 Euro to Dollars is $879.00 plus shipping costs from Germany to the US which isn't cheap and I was told about $110-150 Dollars. Sometimes but not always there also could be custom fees involved. Add that all up and it just isn't worth it. Personally, I think you can't go wrong with the HSTuning RSR clutch. If you want to reuse your DMFW there isn't a better choice out there.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…