GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by tsmack

1. tsmack

Newest Ride

I wish, I do ok, but do not consider myself that wealthy. Just like cars and willing to spend money on them and not a lot of other things. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. tsmack

Newest Ride

Thank you! It is a nice car and a straight line beast. The GTI is still fun. Smaller and much lighter. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. tsmack

Newest Ride

Been busy with the RS7, here is my build thread, still daily the GTI and love it!! http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/762186-IowaRS7-Build-Thread Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. tsmack

Newest Ride

I have seen the pictures. The RS7 doesn't always look great in photos and when you see it in person it is a different experience. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. tsmack

Newest Ride

Going to hold off on a tune for now. Insane traction and power in stock form and don't want to mess with warranty just yet. Honestly the car is well balanced overall and if it could use anything I think better sway bars would be my first move. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. tsmack

Newest Ride

Here is my key! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. tsmack

Newest Ride

In my garage! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. tsmack

Newest Ride

Decided to grab a new to me toy for occasional enjoyment and keeping the GTI for now as a mileage queen. Pretty impressed with the overall quality inside and out as well as overall performance in stock form. 2016 Nardo Grey RS7 Prestige Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. tsmack

DSG Clutch Replacement

Has anyone replaced their DSG clutches with the upgraded aftermarket solutions from APR or others? I have been considering it, but have yet to read that anyone has done this. I am installing a LSD and thought it would be the right time to do it if I am going to do it. I have had issues with...
  10. tsmack

DSG Clamping Force

I have a K04 and in trying to decide which DSG tune to go with, I have seen that most tunes offer improvements in shift points, launch control, display options, auto up shifting in MM and so on. The one major variation seems to be whether or not clamping force of the clutch packs is occurring...
  11. tsmack

Review of Neuspeed Dogbone Insert

I decided to install the Neuspeed dogbone insert. I was looking for reduced wheel hop and quicker DSG shifts. In my reading the softer inserts worked best with the DSG so I went with the Neuspeed because of the 65A durometer specifications. Install was simple and took a whole 10 minutes with...
  12. tsmack

Review of Under Seat Tray

I purchased the under seat storage tray setup from ECS Tuning. I was wanting some additional storage but also was having issues with my pants catching on the outer seat molding, which was really starting to piss me off! The kit installed in a matter of minutes with the right tools and watching...
  13. tsmack

DSG tune I must inquire

I will be going APR K04 soon on my 2014 DE GTI with DSG. I have been told the DSG will be fine with the added power, but I have also read on here of those having issues. It brings up the question of the various DSG tunes available. The APR K04 one certainly comes to mind first given the K04...
  14. tsmack

Stock Laguna Wheel Specs

I am new to the forums, purchased my 2014 GTI Driver's Edition about a month ago (got a great deal and using the money saved for mods!) and have been reading and searching the forums ever since. I have been reviewing wheels/tires, sways, down springs, coil over kits, spacers and all performance...
  15. tsmack

H&R Springs and Sways Special at AWE Tuning

When I put my car in on the website it said there was nothing available! I am interested in the springs and sways, pm me to provide more details!