GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's my 6MT 4D Autobahn worth?

stinkycheese

Hey all,

Considering moving onto the next vehicle, would like to sell my car to another enthusiast but having trouble assessing value due to it being a manual autobahn (I understand these are somewhat sought after?) and having had two incidents with body work. Was hoping to get some opinions.

(apologize if this isn't the right place for this, looked around and this seemed the most appropriate)

2012 GTI 4D Autobahn 6MT - Carbon Shadow Gray (not many autobahn's are manuals)
109,000mi
currently in stock guise
2 "accidents" though neither was a collision, per say. One was a parking garage scrape- fender and bumper cover replaced. Another was a deer hit- replaced bumper cover, headlight, fender, etc and repainted front end. Fair amount of work done but was entirely cosmetic. Work included new OEM VW HID headlights bilaterally.

Exterior - 7/10 - for a car with 109k miles, it's a stunner. Few small scrapes on rear bumper from loading/unloading and a scuff by the passenger rear door entry. *mild* curb rash on one wheel.
Interior - 8/10 - leather has been cleaned/conditioned every 6mo since purchased at 42k mi
mechanical - 10/10 - No mechanical issues

Tires - 50% left
Brakes - 30% left

red coil packs
updated timing chain tensioner
revised intake manifold
revised water pump
carbon cleaned around 80k

thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

• GTI.jpg
    GTI.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 99

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
It is worth whatever value it holds within your heart.

stinkycheese

Thank you both for your sage wisdom. If anyone is so inclined to be less of a troll and more of a helpful fellow car enthusiast, your opinion would be appreciated

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Thank you both for your sage wisdom. If anyone is so inclined to be less of a troll and more of a helpful fellow car enthusiast, your opinion would be appreciated

I'm not for sure... I feel like most GTI's are priced low. I've looked at my car on say KBB and I paid about 2k less than the private party value.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
It worth fitty bones

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Not a troll, just reality so take your sensitive skin off.

Do you know what the blue book value is? Have you checked your local used car sites? It varies so telling you a "price you should list it for is unrealistic. Do your homework then post your fair price and recognize you will get low balled. Just have a number in mind you would let it go for.

Depending on price it's gonna sit or sell quickly depending on he current market where you live.

Hope that helps. Cheers man.

stinkycheese

KBB and NADA are great places to start, but they don't always represent the market accurately (especially with enthusiast cars). For my car specifically, neither of those methods take into account the rarity of a manual transmission on an autobahn (don't know if this adds value or not) and don't take into account an accident history on the CarFax.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
You think your car is some unicorn it's not. The manual trans will lower the value and make it harder to sell. These are 4 door econo boxes not a 1960 P-car. Go with KBB or edmunds value. That is all. Close thread.

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
KBB and NADA are great places to start, but they don't always represent the market accurately (especially with enthusiast cars). For my car specifically, neither of those methods take into account the rarity of a manual transmission on an autobahn (don't know if this adds value or not) and don't take into account an accident history on the CarFax.
These are fun cars, not collector's cars, or anything particularly special. KBB, NADA, etc. are what your prospective buyers will be using to see how much they should pay, so if you try to get much (if any) more than that, you'll have a lot of people walking away. Like Joe_Mama said, the manual transmission won't make fetch you any more money, unless you find an ignorant buyer.

Sorry, but as good as these cars are, they certainly aren't rare, or particularly special.

zrickety

The Fixer
Yeah I was going to say 7-8k depending on where you live. Less if you're in the rust belt.
Sorry, but as good as these cars are, they certainly aren't rare, or particularly special.
While these are mass produced, I have only seen a total of 4 in my area. The closest MK6 GTI for sale is 5 hours away. Atlanta is 3 hours. I drove to Tampa to find the one I'm in. My buddy bought his new in Atlanta.

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
Yea, 7k, at least that's what it is for mine, which is a Driver's Edition GTI. Inside and out its in great condition, no wrecks or dings, 109k on the clock. But KBB , Edmunds, some others all pretty much agree, it's between 6 and 7k. I will never sell mine, it's too much fun to drive.