GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. toady

2010 GTI < 7000 miles

My driving situation has changed and I'm looking to convert to a TDI. Bone stock and ready to be chipped if you so desire, I've already broken it in for you and took the depreciation hit. Like new, just a curb scrape or two on the 18" Detroit’s. Always garaged, one adult owner, just had...
  2. toady

Cast your votes, what car is this?

Saw this today on my walk during the lunch hour and snapped two pictures. The guy inside wouldn't tell me anything, but did say he was on his way out to Mt. Evans for even higher altitude testing. I know it's not a VW but thought you guys might enjoy giving a guess. I think it's a Nissan.
  3. toady

Bad news from VW about R in the states

I wrote to VW directly through VW Credit where my GTI is financed about my getting the R and this is what they had to say: Dear Todd: Thank you for contacting Volkswagen. We hope your GTI is providing you with miles of fun and adventure, and we are pleased to see your interest in the sporty...
  4. toady

What U.S. dealer says about availability

I purchased my MK6 in Decmember of last year and am very interested in trading up to what is essentially an Audi TTS in GTI clothing, the R20. I called the dealer to see about when configuration and ordering would be available. The good news in the dealer was aware of the car coming, the bad...
  5. toady

B pillar rattle and wind noise fixed!

Took the car in on Friday to McDonald VW for it's 3 month, 6,000 mile courtesy service. Told them about driver's side wind noise above 35 mph and that creaking floor b-pillar rattle. They took very good care of me, but this fix took a while and invovled calling the regional rep for a...
  6. toady

Now have to pull the ECU for APR Stage 1 for 2010's?!?

I just got off the phone with my local APR guy in Colorado. I had my 2008 A4 "flashed" last year by simply plugging a computer into the ECU. Peak Eurosport told me that just did a 2010 A4 and had to pull the ECU in order to do the upgrade and the old plug and play method no longer works...
  7. toady

We win again!

Just got the latest issue of Motor Trend's 2010 turbo charged hot hatch shootout. Rankings: 1. Volkswagen GTI 2. MazdaSpeed3 3. Subaru Impreza WRX 4. Mistu Lancer Sportback Ralliart Best quote "Chasis is supberb, with a class-benchmark balance of ride poise and handling prowess... I...
  8. toady

What was your last car?

08 Subaru Outback Sport Rock solid but boring, boring, boring
  9. toady

Is our engine not strong enough for an ECU remap?

A quote from Car and Driver's most recent test drive of the R: "You might expect that the R and GTI would share an engine, only differing in tune, but you’d be mistaken. The GTI’s Audi-developed EA888 2.0-liter turbo four is not yet sturdy enough to handle the power and torque required for the...