GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Z

FS: MK6 OEM LED Tails

I special ordered these, both left and right identical with reverse light instead of one sided. I remember there was an issue programming these to work 100% but I found the correct code so they are 100% functional. If you're in Vancouver area, I don't mind installing them and programming them...
  2. Z

RNS 510 DVD Functionality

Hi, I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but the GTI that comes with the RNS510 has ability to play DVDs, and I was wondering if there is anyway to disable the feature where it turns off the screen when car is in motion. Thanks in advance!
  3. Z

Racingdash LEDs License Plate

Might be a old question, but what do you guys do about the extra block that is required for installing these LEDs? Do you guys just shove them inside the bumper and let it dangle around while driving? Thanks!
  4. Z

Vancouver Wheel Repair

Anyone know a place to repair curb scratches on the rim? Also a possibly powder coat... I just can't believe some places are asking me to pay them 2xx for each rim repair, I might as well buy a new set... Thanks!
  5. Z

K&N Intake?

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=69-9504TTK Are these any good? Thanks!
  6. Z

GTI Ignition Problem

So I have a GTI, DSG transmission and it's been doing the below problem for a little while now. It's not a problem that can be easily reproduced but happens randomly. At the moment of turning the ignition, the car will seemingly sound as if it's about to stall, you can tell from the sound of...
  7. Z

LEDs and VAGCOM

Hi I keep seeing people on the forums (both here and vwvortex) mentioning that after you VAG your car to make the Golf R LED tails work, all other LEDs (city light and side markers) that normally throw bulb out code will no longer throw bulb out code after the VAG. Is that true? The reason I ask...
  8. Z

FS: MK6 Golf / GTI Rear Tail Lights

Looking to sell the original tail lights because I upgraded mine to the R LEDs. They have been driven for ~6000km, no scratchs, looks brand new. I took good care of them. Please PM if interested.
  9. Z

WTS: BSH VTA Catch Can

This is a brand new VTA Catch Can that was never used. I attempted to install it but was missing parts so I had to remove it. I now have all the parts and screws for it. There is a block off plug for the intake manifold that is slightly scratched but everything else is brand new. I'm located in...
  10. Z

Auto Folding Mirrors...

Hi, I recall seeing a DIY by someone on one of the vw forums regarding retrofitting electric folding side mirrors... I'm thinking of taking a look at it and doing it myself but I couldn't find it no more... Tried here, vwvortex, google... Does anyone have the link? Thanks a lot!
  11. Z

Launch Control Limits...

Hi, I heard from someone that our DSG launch control can only be used 35 times before it gets locked out forever.... Can anyone confirm? Thanks!
  12. Z

Interior Care...

Hi, I have a GTI with leather and was wondering what others use to clean the interior? Thanks in advance for the help!
  13. Z

Tinting Price In Vancouver?

Hi guys, I was wondering what's the usual price in Vancouver for Tinting? I'm guessing I'd go with the best stuff that has all the solar and what not protection? I'm planning to tint the rear doors and hatch door windows, so 5 pieces all together... What should be a decent price? Thanks in advance!
  14. Z

Interior bulb cover removal?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any experience removing the bulb covers in the interior of the car? If possible maybe some pictures would be great! Specifically looking for instructions on how to remove the front and back bulb covers on the roof panel... Thanks!
  15. Z

Cup holder cleaning?

Hi, I started to notice some dirt building up on the rubber insert that sits at the bottom of the cup holder. I tried to get it off but it didn't work.. Is it removable and if so how? Thanks!
  16. Z

RNS 510 Secret Menu

Hi, I saw on some posts that there is a available "Secret Menu" for RNS 510s. I followed the instructions to activate it through VAG-COM Byte Code 50 on the Navigation component. However, upon attempting to get into the menu, nothing happens... I held on the Setup button for over 30 seconds and...
  17. Z

Bluetooth paired with an Android

Hi, So I have an Android phone, and I have no problem pairing it with the car. However, I get annoying messages that constantly pops up in the centre of my RNS510 saying "phonebook download incomplete"... I know there is some issue with the unit completely synchronizing with the phone but I...
  18. Z

RNS 510 and Music Management

Hi, I'm not sure if this has been asked, but I've been looking around and havn't seen something and was curious if its possible. So I have a bunch of music structured by artist folder -> album folder -> song file. In the root folder, there's of course no songs right... Problem is, what if I want...
  19. Z

Requesting Interior Light Bulb #

Hi, I've looked at several places, but could not acquire all the required information. I've even PM'd several guys out there to ask what type of bulb # they used for interior lights... I was wondering if someone could tell me what bulbs I need because I would like to make one full purchase and...
  20. Z

steering wheel noise...

Hi, just wondering, if anyone else on their GTI hears a noise when the steering wheel is turned to max on either side... That is, you can hear the noise at low speed (idle doesn't make any noise)... I think its something to do with the power steering, and was wondering if you guys hear it and if...