GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. NeoSA1

DSG tune. Over Rev Protection Gone?

So I have a Unitronic stage 2 DSG tune on my car. As most of us know, the rev limiter is still there, albeit moved up slightly and the car no longer auto-upshifts when the limiter is hit. However, most people don't know that the factory DSG software has "over-rev" protection built-in. This is...
  2. NeoSA1

Revo Stage 2 vs Unitronic Stage 2+ Boost logs

Just for a fun reference, here are some boost logs from my car with Revo stage 2 (IHI Turbo) vs. Unitronic's Stage 2+ (K04 turbo). Both on a 93Octane tune. Zero boost leaks with the car performing optimally. Revo Stage 2 (IHI) Unitronic Stage 2+ (K04) It's interesting to see the...
  3. NeoSA1

3 Bar MAP sensors. What's the deal?

Does anyone know why APR chose to use a 3bar MAP sensor with their K04 tune whilst other companies like Unitronic stuck to the normal 2bar MAP sensor? What benefit(s) does the 3bar MAP sensor offer K04 users which prompted APR to go into that direction? Are those benefits so minimal that other...
  4. NeoSA1

Unitronic DSG Stage 2 tune. Opinions

Hi guys I remember at one point a lot of guys who had their DSGs tuned ended up reverting back to stock because things started acting up on their boxes. Has the situation improved? I'm K04 Stage 2+ and apparently getting my DSG tuned with Unitronic's Stage 2 DSG software will make the car feel...
  5. NeoSA1

Unknown Territory - Colour Tailpipes

Okay so, I've always been known by my friends and family to have a keen eye on car styling. So far, I've only received compliments on how I made my cars look and I've been extremely careful to never over-do something. With my car running a United Grey / Gloss Black theme, I've been looking at...
  6. NeoSA1

Unitronic Stage 2+ with W/M - what map??

Hi guys For those of you running Unitronic Stage 2+ software and are lucky enough to have a W/M setup as well, what map are you running? I'm running the 93 Octane map on my car. Even though I am only able to get 91 Octane gas at our pumps over here, the W/M makes up for it. But I'm thinking...
  7. NeoSA1

OEM DSG Cooler Upgrade

One of our other South African cousins has reported that he has upgraded his stock DSG cooler on his 6R with an upgraded unit from the 7R. He reported that the 7R's cooler is bigger than the one found on the 6R (and subsequently the MK6 GTI as well). I'm trying to establish if upgrading the DSG...
  8. NeoSA1

CTS Turbo BOV for MK6 2.0 TSi K04

After a whole lot of reading on forums (including this one) and watching some YouTube clips, I've decided to replace my Rev D DV with a CTS Turbo BOV. Reason: Because Rice. I'm looking for something to add some sound to my car. I've got a complete CTS K04 kit including Unitronic Stage 2+...
  9. NeoSA1

Detonation. Whoops

Hi guys For those of you in the know, I'd like to find out how much damage my engine would have suffered. Here's the gist of it: I ran a file that was way too aggressive for my car. Coupled with our recent heat (yay summer...not), my car developed a ping at high engine load and at peak boost...
  10. NeoSA1

The witch hunt starts.

MK6 GTi Boost and Airflow Problems. Hey all! Recently I've been noticing that my car pulls well in 3rd or 4th gear but at peak, it somehow loses power and struggles to regain it. Overall, the car lost its punch. It felt like my car was going through mood changes. Some days pulling like a...
  11. NeoSA1

Anyone with a Paint Thickness Gauge?

Hi guys, I'm trying to figure out what the general paint thickness is on the rear boot lid (tailgate) of a United Grey Metallic Golf 6 GTi. I was stupid enough to use Meguiars Ultimate compound with too many passes. Although I didn't strike through the clear coat (thank goodness), I did seem...
  12. NeoSA1

MK7 GTi tuning - Why MK6 owners shouldn't worry. Modders only. Stockers get lost.

So with the recent announcements by various tuners that they've managed to crack the security on the MK7 GTi ECU, which means OBD tuning for MK7 GTi owners, a lot of MK6 GTi owners have been feeling a little, aged, shall we say? I don't blame any MK6 owner for feeling like "WTF" with the flurry...
  13. NeoSA1

Dog Bone Insert Concerns

I'm toying with the idea of adding a Dog Bone insert to my MK6 GTi DSG to help the car get off the line a bit quicker and create a bit more stability. I already have DG springs and 19" wheels and I don't want to get coil-overs because I don't intend to ever go lower than what my car is now. A...
  14. NeoSA1

K04 - drive ability around town?

To all those who are lucky enough to have done the K04 upgrade; what's your car's drive ability like in and around town? I'm currently stage 2 and I've been told that for someone like me, who doesn't do insane speeds on the highway, K04 would be pointless since it's no more fun around town than...
  15. NeoSA1

Unitronic Intake - Bad News

I can't find any?!? Usually when I save up for something new on my car I do a ton of research and get all of the good and bad reviews I can, just to make sure I make an informed decision. But with this Unitronic intake - I can only seem to find super positive reviews and comments?! lol. Where...
  16. NeoSA1

CTS Intake (rev.2) or Unitronic Intake?

Hi guys, If you had to choose between the CTS TSi Intake (the new revision) and the Unitronic Intake, which one would you go for and why? Both seem to have the exact same setup. The CTS is updated so it's modular as well (like the Unitronic) and uses the stock MAF housing etc. The CTS seems...
  17. NeoSA1

Where to from here?

Howsit guys. As it stands currently, my MK6 GTi DSG has the following performance modifications: Revo Stage 2 software 76mm Catless Downpipe 76mm Magnaflow Catback Exhaust ITG Maxogen Intake Rev. D DV R8 Coils with colder plugs NGK BKR7IEX S3 Intercooler Neuspeed TOP and TIP Besides...
  18. NeoSA1

19x8 et42 + VW DG springs = rub?

Hi guys, I've been searching through all of the threads on rubbing and vw dg springs, but it seems I'm one of the few attempting to run the following setup: TSW doningtons with 19x8 et42 fitted with 235/35 R19 tyres. Now, I'm currently not lowered, but I want to fit some vw dg springs. My...
  19. NeoSA1

Going back to stock Tail Lights

Hi guys, I know the usual question about tail lights is what to change the coding to FOR the R-Style LED tail lights. But I'd like to find out what VCDS coding is needed when you actually want to switch back to your old-style tail lights? I'm asking because I don't want to trade in my car with...
  20. NeoSA1

LolBalls @ VW

Okay so this topic has some G7 content in it, but it's a general comment I'm making that should give all of us a chuckle. It turns out that VW (over here in South Africa at least) is going to offer a "performance" package with the new G7 GTi which, wait for it, ups the power by 10hp with torque...