GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. egrunt

Location for ignition switch for start 2012 GTI Autobahn: SOLVED

As funny as this may sound, I am trying to locate the ignition switch for my 2012 GTI Autobahn. Having watched several YouTube videos for vehicles with the traditional key starting system I was confident this would be easy to locate once I removed the steering wheel upper and lower shrouds...
  2. egrunt

ABS code 16352-014, brake error.

We own a 2012 GTI with an ABS code. We bought the GTI new in October of 2011 and my wife is the primary driver. The mileage of the GTI is just over 96k. This past Monday morning my wife was starting her journey to work when she started the GTI and a brake error and air bag error message...
  3. egrunt

Stock brake pads at 75k miles

My wife's GTI (2012 GTI Autobahn) is serviced by VW and we purchased the vehicle new in October of 2011. After each service they always state the brake pads are good. Recently my wife has started hearing a scraping noise / rubbing coming from the brakes. This past Monday I had new tires...
  4. egrunt

Wife decided to keep 2012 GTI instead of new Golf R

As the topic states the wife wants to keep her 2012 GTI Autobahn (2 door). We purchased the vehicle new in October of 2011 and it has just over 75k miles. Over the past several months she has hinted she wanted a new vehicle. We looked at the 2020 BMW M2C and the Golf R as potential replacements...
  5. egrunt

Red ring of lights around tach and speedometer in dash

So my wife sends me a image (see attachment) on her way to work this morning. She is concerned with the red ring of lights circling her tachometer and speedometer gauge. The GTI is a 2012 Autobahn and it has the stage 1 APR installed but has been deactivated for several months at the request of...
  6. egrunt

P150A check engine light code

My wife’s 2012 GTI Autobahn DSG with 49k miles displayed a check engine light this past Monday when she started to the car to go to work. She drove our Tacoma to work and the GTI remained in the driveway till I came home from work. I borrowed a scan tool from a co-worker and it displayed P150A...
  7. egrunt

Two fuel pumps and two ignition coils replaced in the past 3k miles

We own a 2012 GTI DSG Autobahn that we purchased new back in October 2011. It is my wife’s car and she is the primary driver. At just over 39k miles we were on our way to Las Vegas on I-15 (60 miles from Las Vegas) and the GTI just dies. The GTI restarts with no dash lights illuminated and we...
  8. egrunt

While driving car will not accelerate past 4,000 RPM's

Yesterday the wife and I are out and about for a good part of the day put over 100 miles on the GTI. Later in the afternoon on our way home on the freeway traveling at 65 mphs I went to accelerate over to the off ramp and the GTI would not accelerate past 4,000 rpm's. The GTI had no power above...
  9. egrunt

Best place to purchase extended warranty when vehicle is out of warranty

Looking for some help in locating a company / dealership that provides great pricing for extended warranty for my wife's 2012 GTI. The vehicle has 39,8XX miles and is closing in rapidly on 40,000 miles. Several weeks ago our fuel pump under the rear seat went out and it cost just over $1,200.00...
  10. egrunt

2012 GTI fuel pump and fuel control module replacement

I thought I share my experience with other forum members, this past Thursday me and the wife decided to go to Las Vegas for a couple days. We loaded up the GTI and away we went to the city of lost wages. Around sixty miles out of Las Vegas I was traveling with the cruise control on and the...
  11. egrunt

Kept the GTI and added another vehicle.

We have had our 2012 Autobahn since October 2011 and it has been such a blast to drive that we have been thinking about getting a new vehicle for some time now. We ( my wife and I) have looked at the Porsche Cayman S and the new Stingray Corvette but in the end we felt the best car was the new...
  12. egrunt

New 2012 GTI and APR Stage 1

Hi, Just purchased a new 2012 GTI Autobahn and had the APR stage 1 installed today. I have read that it takes some time for the ECU to adapt to the software change but I can tell you that I noticed an immediate difference in the power of the car. If it gets stronger the longer I drive it, it...
  13. egrunt

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

Hi, I had just sold the wife's 2002 BMW 525i that purchased new. We were looking at buying a new 535i with the M sport package but after we drove the car we felt the car was to bloated and not as nimble as our 525i. The new 535i is nice but it felt more like a Lexus if that makes sense. We...