GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Location for ignition switch for start 2012 GTI Autobahn: SOLVED

egrunt

Passed Driver's Ed
As funny as this may sound, I am trying to locate the ignition switch for my 2012 GTI Autobahn. Having watched several YouTube videos for vehicles with the traditional key starting system I was confident this would be easy to locate once I removed the steering wheel upper and lower shrouds around the steering wheel column. In place of the steering lock assembly, is the immobilizer (lock, steering, ignition). The VW parts page shows the immobilizer assembly with the ignition switch as part of the assembly but the ignition switch can be purchased separately per the parts person at VW. The immobilizer is enclosed in metal, see attached picture, so it cannot be taken apart. It is my belief it was one assembly even though the ignition switch can be purchased separately. I appreciate the help.

UPDATE: After further research and reading the description for the immobilizer module it includes the following: ignition lock assembly, ignition lock housing, and ignition starter switch. Lesson learned take what the VW parts person states with a grain of salt.

Slide1.JPG
Slide2.JPG

Last edited: