GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. 99bajakid

Free stock intake - 5k miles on it

Hello I'm clearing out my garage of stuff I no longer need, I have all the leftover parts from doing an apr stage 1 intake. It's the kind that has an extra hose to the pump during cold start ups. I live in San tan valley az and work in down town Phoenix, also willing to ship. You just pay for...
  2. 99bajakid

My apologies to anyone I offended

I had an avatar that offended some, that was not my intent. I simply was comparing today's republican beliefs to the Nazi party of 1943. I was in no way supporting what happened in Germany during the Nazi regime.
  3. 99bajakid

hahaha don't take your mufflers off

for the hell of it I disconnected my mufflers and ran just the straight downpipe. upon start up and idle i thought it sounded promising but once i pulled out of the garage it sounded like complete ass. I turned around and connected it back up. yeah..
  4. 99bajakid

Will this combo work (tire/rim/springs)

My plan as of now is to go with the H&R Touring Cup Kit (1.5" lower) 235/35/18 tire and TSW Nurburgring in 18x8 (cant find the offset unfortunately) I want to go with a wider tire than 225, so i'm hoping a 235 would fit with minor mods (screw mod, maybe fender rolling)
  5. 99bajakid

Forza Fans?

I've been a huge forza nut since 2, and i just picked up Horizon on my way home from work yesterday on a whim. feel free to shoot me a friend request: GT: lachrymoIogy
  6. 99bajakid

What Car do you plan on buying next?

I'm kinda over FWD. for my next purchase i'm looking at: volvo S60-R Audi A8 BMW M3 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class But first the wife wants a Land Rover :rolleyes: I bought the GTI right out of college and needed a vehicle to get around..
  7. 99bajakid

GTI VS R Clutch

Since going stage 1, I figured i'd better prepare for needing a clutch (just in case). I have a couple of questions: 1.) would a stock R clutch fit 2.) is it even different than the stock GTI setup?
  8. 99bajakid

I cant get anyone to race me :(

I don't understand it, around here no one ever wants to run. I had a modded Genesis tailing me while going fast so I figured he'd want to run so we get to a light and I change lanes so he's right next to me. I take off with medium 'gusto' nothing. So I get another chance at another light and he...
  9. 99bajakid

EPC light

Today on my way to work I had to stop off at the gas station (running on fumes and the display showed I had "0" miles until empty). After filling up and driving for a min or so I noticed the EPC light was on. Since I have a manual I just turned it off and back on while driving (open road no one...
  10. 99bajakid

anyone else excited about the iPhone 5?

This weekend i'm getting the 4s for $0 (tax on price of phone) :) i love new iPhone releases. im using a 3s with a cracked screen now, so i've been waiting until the iPhone 5 to upgrade for awhile now.
  11. 99bajakid

VagCom with OSX operating system?

My laptop is a mac, will the VagCom Software only work with windows?
  12. 99bajakid

I love my GTI but...

jesus i never new FWD cars were this bad with traction. I just went stage 1 last month and while i was at the shop I decided to go ahead and get the stage 1 carbonio intake too. I want more power out of this car but i can't get traction as it is. I cant really put my foot into it until im...
  13. 99bajakid

Hesitation towards getting a stage 1 tune

I use my GTI as a daily driver, and drive 100 miles a day and i'd really love to get the APR tune for it, but i'm really hesitant towards pulling the trigger on it. After reading through the "the dealer screwed up my gti" thread it has brought on more hesitation. If I were younger it wouldn't...
  14. 99bajakid

What weight oil should i use in the desert?

It's reaching 110+ plus here in Phoenix, and i'm wondering what viscosity i should use? I'm probably going to run Amsoil in my GTI as i've read it's the highest quality oil at the moment.
  15. 99bajakid

Looking to get a DA orbital

this will be my first orbital, i'm a little nervous about getting the hang of it though. Hopefully my fiance will be okay with my practicing on her POS cobalt :D Are there any recommendations for a decent orbital for home use, i wont be doing this as a profession so i don't think i need...
  16. 99bajakid

Spring/shock setup or Coilovers?

I think my first "mod" will be to lower the car a bit. The GTI is my daily driver, but the streets here in Arizona are fairly well maintained, no potholes. I've never put C/O's on a car before so i'm a little nervous about setting it up properly. I'd much rather go functionality over looks...
  17. 99bajakid

Any tracks in Arizona?

I just moved to phoenix 4 months ago, and just recently purchased a new 2012 GTI. I love the car alot, and i've always wanted to race. I'm not all that fond of auto-x but if that's all that's available in this area i guess i'll settle. Does anyone know of any tracks that are open to public race...