GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

FS: Pirelli Cinturato P7 225/40/18 Central FL (set of 4)

Selling my Pirelli Cinturato P7 225/40/18s. Gently used, 2k miles on them. Almost no wear on them. Local sellers are priority, willing to ship but buyer will pay some shipping fees. $450 or best offer. Please PM me for questions.
  2. A

FS: Deep pearl black touch up paint

New and unopened touch up paint kit. Willing to ship. $15. Depending on shipping costs may cover shipping. PM me for details!
  3. A

Monster mats and stock exhaust for sale in Central FL

Posted in the sale forums but if anyone is interested or knows anyone in the area let me know! $80 for mats, no wear. Great condition. $150 for catback and downpipe together. Thanks! :)
  4. A

FS: Monster mats

Lightly used monster mats for sale. Can provide pics on request. Located in FL. Willing to ship but buyer pays shipping. Shipping costs for these aren't cheap, size and weight are brutal. Asking $80 OBO.
  5. A

FS: Stock downpipe and catback - Central FL

Located in Central FL. Selling both together or separate depending on interest. Total for both $150 or $100 for downpipe $50 for catback. Prefer not to ship, local buyers will get priority. PM me for more info.
  6. A

GoPro mounts and locations for our cars

I just purchased a GoPro Hero3+ black and I'm looking at what mounts to get for it. I'm probably going to get the suction cup mount since it appears to be the best for outside the car or windshield filing. I'm curious what other mounts people have used internally? Also, for filming outside...
  7. A

Oil leaking - 7th major issue in 18 months

So I found oil on my garage floor, a lot of it. Apparently its been leaking a while and I never noticed because I always park in the same spot. Took it to the dealer and they found my lower timing cover is leaking. Anyone have any idea how this can happen? My car has so far needed a new...
  8. A

Windshield wiper fell apart, replacement suggestions?

It rains a lot in Florida and when it isn't raining, its insanely hot and often bugs and other crap are hammering my windshield. So my wipers get a lot of use. They need replacing ASAP, they are almost doing no good, and the passenger side ones rubber separated the other day. What are the...
  9. A

Exhaust leak - how to fix?

My down pipe - catback connector is leaking, found it out when I removed it last and noticed a severe amount of scaring (right term?). A lot of black marks from where it was leaking out and I can hear it every now and again when I'm in the right area. How can I seal it?
  10. A

Getting a lot of squealing with breaks in parking lot...

I'm at 25,XXX miles. I've never done any wheel work or brake work, nor suspension. My pads seem to be squealing under low speed slow braking, such as you do in parking lots. I don't think there would be too much wear on my brakes. I don't brake if I don't have to - coast or engine brake as...
  11. A

APR fixed my ECU - shop says they added unexpected charge?

This is more a question aimed at a member of APRs team or anyone who has done this before. My car has been dead for 4 weeks for a fuel cut issue, originally dealer told me to buy a new ECU ($$$$) but my tuner said they would send off my ECU and if APR could fix it I would be good to go. Well...
  12. A

P2294 & P1195 faults. HPFP replaced, issue persisting.

Last week I had my cylinder head replaced for faulty valve guide seals. The night before that was due to happen my car stalled twice (once more the next morning) and threw the codes P2294 and P1195. I heard a loud clicking noise every time it failed. Got the car back Thursday, drove it a bit...
  13. A

Oil leak solved or how my GTI got decapitated (lots of pics)

Ever since I had my car (800 miles in when it first presented) it has always eaten a fair bit of oil. After 25,000 miles and 15 months of ownership we've found out why. I could explain the story of how I finally got to this point but its boring and plagued with frustrating processes that had...
  14. A

Just got word from VW, need new piston rings.

Just got word from VW, need new piston rings. *update* need new cylinder head My local VW dealer just got back to me. Since I've had the car I've run through oil pretty quickly, after multiple dealer trips and insights into the issue everyone told me not to worry and that the car will "do...
  15. A

Anyone have the Borla catback?

Curious to experiences with it. I can't find very many good videos or reviews about it. My biggest concern is that there will be drone since I'm on the highway a lot. Both sound good from what I've seen but the drone is my biggest concern. This is my first catback exhaust purchase ever so...
  16. A

Found a lighter in my car after service...

Dropped my '12 GTI off yesterday for 20k service. Picked it up today. Everything was good, except they washed it when I told them not to, but I just found a lighter in my drivers seat. I do not smoke. No one who smokes has ever been in my car. I called the dealer and they said the person who...
  17. A

Tools needed for DeAutoKey LED light install...

My girlfriend bought me the full interior and license plate light kit. I'm curious what tools I'll need for the install? Anything I should know? Thanks!
  18. A

Good sunshade?

I'm looking for a good one for my car now that I'm parking outside more. I found a few on Amazon but I'm wondering if one from Target, Wal-mart, etc, would work just as well. Anyone find one that works well in our cars? I can't imagine there is much to worry about but I wanted to just check...
  19. A

DV issues...

If the Rev C valves (or any non-rev D) are failing or "broke" will there be any codes? Any way to tell without a boost gauge? My 20k services on my MY2012 is coming up, I know I have a Rev C and want to see if I can avoid it failing in the future. I'm Stage 2 now and don't want it to fail.
  20. A

WTB: SPM street catback exhaust

looking for a SPM street catback section to go with my SPM street down pipe. Live in Central Florida. Let me know! Thanks.