GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

FS: NEW Centric High Carbon Rotors - Front and Rear - $150

For Sale are pair of front and rear Fronts: 125.33098 Rears: 125.33131 Same as the ones offered here on TireRack. Bought them brand new for $190. Still brand new, but offering $150. Located in Bay Area, but willing to ship.
  2. S

FS: Koni Yellow Sport Shocks Front and Rear

2013 GTI Koni Yellow Sport Shocks for sale Fronts: 8710 1431Sport Rears: 80 2859Sport Under 7000 miles on the kit. Price: $400 or best offer Selling as I sold my GTI and replaced the shocks with the stock ones. Located in SF Bay Area. Will cover 1/2 shipping costs.
  3. S

GTI Part Out - High Quality Items (Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Coilover, Thule Roof Rack)

1) Ground Control Coilover Kit If you're looking for a SENSIBLE drop with LINEAR spring rates for a truly DUAL DUTY road and track car on a BUDGET - this is your jam! Under 7,000 miles on the kit. Less than 1 Year on the Car. Selling the coilover kit as I am selling my car. The GC Coilover...
  4. S

FS: Ground Control Coilover Kit + Camber Kit

Selling my Ground Control Coilover Kit+Camber Plates 899 all together, or for part out prices listed above (OBO) - Local Pick Up See my original thread which covered the reason why I went with this set-up: https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106902 I'm went down this route because...
  5. S

Carbotech XP12 / XP10 Combo

Black Friday Price Drop! Carbotech XP12 Fronts (CT1107-XP12) Carbotech XP10 Rears (CT1456-XP10) Retails for over $360. Used for only 1 track day. Great track brakes - will not fade, esp. with proper brake fluid and very confidence inspiring. Fronts: $150 shipped / $130 local Rears: $130...
  6. S

Team Dynamics + NT01s

EDIT: PRICE DROP EDIT: 12/11/2016 PRICE DROP 4 Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 wheels (purchased for = $880) Nitto NT01 235 / 40 / 17 tires Wheels and tires: $900 Shipped $800 Local (SF Bay Area) Wheels only $800 Shipped $750 Local Tires only $150 Shipped $100 Local This is going to be perfect...
  7. S

Ground Control Coilover Conversion Kit

It doesn't seem like this is a very popular option here, but I just placed an order for the GC Coilover Kit + Camber Plates. I'm going down this route because I was looking for these specific criteria: 1) Stock or close to Stock Ride Height 2) Improved dampening 3) Easy of adjustability 4)...
  8. S

Would you let others drive your car?

Interesting, interesting. Thanks for the feedback. Another hypothetical: Now - what if it was someone from this forum, say, in the same region and wanted to see what a stage 2 tune was like, etc. Would you feel more inclined then?
  9. S

Would you let others drive your car?

- What if they paid you for the ride? - Are there cars you've always wanted to test drive, without the hassle of going to a dealership? Would you pay to drive them? - What if there was an open marketplace with a network of car enthusiasts that were both a) willing to let others test drive...
  10. S

FS: Brand New - Centric Blank Rotors and Carbotech XP12 front and XP10 rear pads

FS: BRAND NEW - Centric Blank Rotors and Carbotech XP12 front and XP10 rear pads Selling rotors and track pads. Neither have been used. Centric Rotors: I bought them off tirerack. Purchased for $190. Asking for $150. Carbotech XP12/10 Pads Fronts are XP12 $150 (List price is $196+tax)...
  11. S

Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 17x8 and Nitto NT01s - Nearly Brand New

For Sale: 4 Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 wheels (purchased for = $880) mounted on Nitto NT01 235 / 40 / 17 tires (purchased for $760) Both are essentially brand new. This is going to be perfect for the track day or for the most grip you can ask for on the street. Wheels are Matt Black, 17x8...
  12. S

Rear Brake Change - Retaining Clips Required?

Came across this resource to see how to replace my rear pads and rotors. http://www.vwgenuineparts.co.uk/vw_golf_rear_pads_and_discs_replacement.shtml From my research so far, this was the first resource that referenced the need to replace the retaining clips (perhaps because it's regarding an...
  13. S

Brake Bleed/Flush Tips?

Hey guys, I've been doing a lot of research on what the appropriate way to go about bleeding/flushing the brake system is. Has anyone has experience using a power bleeder to bleed/flush the brakes? I have a few questions: 1) Do I need to remove old brake fluid from the reservoir (using turkey...
  14. S

MK6 GTI 4 door + DSG Weight

Little bit of background: I'm hoping to get a custom tune from Driver Motorsport to prep my car for NASA time trial events. I cannot exceed a certain Weight/HP limit, so I went to a CAT scale to weigh my car. Car is 4 doors, DSG, base model. Gas was nearly empty. Jack, spare still in the...
  15. S

Koni Yellow Install Costs

Local shop quoted me at $475, including alignment. Too much? Seems really expensive.
  16. S

NASA Time Trial mods - Tires vs. Suspension

Hey guys. I know there was a similar post a while ago, but wanted to get your guys' thoughts which of the following options might be the fastest set-up for the track. (note: +5 FI penalty waived, after dyno-reclass, per NASA TT rules) Option #1: Shocks + Tires Points +6 for DSG +3 for Shocks...
  17. S

ECU Tune Questions...Fine tuning WHP gains

Background: http://golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77529 Long story short, to remain in NASA's TTE class, any gain that results in 220+ whp would bump you out of this class. With that in mind, has anyone worked with an APR (or equivalent) dealer to fine-tune results? If so, what was the...
  18. S

NASA Time Trial Rules...interesting

Was reading through the NASA time trials rule book for some weekend reading and came across this thought: Per section 8 of the rules, the car is in the TTE class, no asterisks. If you get a stage 1 ECU reflash (zero point mod, I believe), estimated adjusted WHP would now be ~220-230. Upon...
  19. S

Wobble Bolts Track Usage?

Has anyone used wobble bolts on the track for HPDE events? I'de like to run 235 size tires in the future. With that in mind, I'm thinking about getting 17x8 RPF1's down the line, but the closest bolt pattern they have are 5x114.3's. Either that or trying to run 235's on RPF1 17x7.5's, though I...
  20. S

R-Comp on Stock Camber?

Has anyone run R-Comps on stock camber at the track/autox? If so, how was the wear. Thinking about running R-comps in the future without making suspension mods.