GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

ICS Springs

Looking for a small drop (10mm or so). The ISC-TSLS-MK6GOLF springs seem to fit the bill. Anyone else have experience with these?
  2. S

IE Stage 2 without intake

Is there anyone out there with the IE stage 2 tune without an intake? Just have a K&N panel filter in the stock airbox (with the snow grid removed), but don't want to buy an intake if I don't have to.
  3. S

DSG Tune Question

Anyone know if there is a DSG tune available that roughly keeps the shift points of the stock tune, but includes the higher clamping force required for a Stage 2 tune? I tried the IE tune, but didn't like the higher redline (the stock turbo quickly runs out of puff, really doesn't require a...
  4. S

Misfires when cold

Got a bit of a weird issue. I'm experiencing misfires when cold, mainly in lower RPM (1500ish) when off boost. As soon as oil temp hit 70c or so it goes away and the car drives completely fine. The misfires appear with different cylinders, no rhyme or reason. I experience it as a stutter, and...
  5. S

Dogbone mount weirdness

I just had a 65a dogbone mount installed in my GTI (DSG) and the 0-10km/h vibrations even after a good 2hrs driving are not great... My wife would not approve. Is 2hrs enough driving to break them in, or do I need to wait a bit more? If the vibrations are still that bad after a week (about...
  6. S

Stock Height + Rims?

I like the ride height and comfort of my GTI (plus with DCC dampers, lowering springs aren't a good option), but I really don't like the Detroit rims. Are there any options for after market wheels that would look good without lowering the car? I'm in NZ so the supply of decent rims is limited...
  7. S

Dogbone Install

Hey all... have some issues installing a powerflex dogbone insert into my 2011 GTI. The tolerances are really tight, and when the insert is put in it the threads for the other side go out of alignment and the bolt won't insert correctly. Is this normal? Or should I go for an OEM bush from a...
  8. S

2011 CCZB DV + PCV

I've got a COBB tune on my ROW CCZB 2011 GTI which has been great for the last few months. Have recently have started experiencing some drivability issues, like the turbo being a little slower to spool up and the idle being rougher. No codes. I've heard either the PCV or DV valve tearing can...
  9. S

Fog Light Voltage with LED's

I'm struggling a bit with the CANBUS system. I've got the fog lights set up to run at the same time as the DRLs. I'm wanting to replace the fog lights with LED's, but because the fog lights when used with DRLs run at a lower voltage (they're dimmer), the load resistors I purchased don't seem to...