GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

Flutter After Going STG2 with DV+

Thanks dude, I'll post on Monday what he says. Have a nice weekend.
  2. G

Okay cool, I'm going to have the guy who installed the DP and DV+ check out my car to see if he can tell what's wrong. But if he doesn't know I'll just order a Rev D and see if it fixes anything.
  3. G

Yeah I'll have to look into it. What do you mean by researching piston vs diaphragm DV's? Can't I just buy Rev D and install it?
  4. G

I have no clue, I had the DV+ installed by the guy who did my downpipe since he was already in there by the turbo. I'm guessing the stock DV in there was the one that blows up since the car is a 2012. Not sure though. But I think I'll just order a better stock revised DV and see if it fixes the...
  5. G

I got the DV+ off of ECS tuning and I made sure it wasn't fake when I bought it (compared it to multiple videos online showing fake ones). I'm running Integrated Engineerings intake which is just a huge open cone shape and my car has a little over 68,000 currently.
  6. G

I can't post a vid rn unfortunately, I can probably get one tomorrow. There is no CEL though, I honestly don't know what's going on. The best way I could describe the sound under throttle is it sounds like the flutter in the video I posted just a little less aggressive and is strung out and...
  7. G

Haha thanks dude, love the mountains here. But I think I'm going to try getting rid of the flutter, I excepted it but after doing a highway pull I realized its fluttering like crazy on throttle, it also is making a weird whistling noise and feels a bit underpowered ;(. Going to have to get it...
  8. G

Okay update, I did a highway pull just now and the turbo is fluttering like crazy on throttle! Its also making a whistling type noise and feels underpowered RIP.
  9. G

What do you mean by externally vented? Sorry I'm kind of a noob with this stuff.
  10. G

Yeah that's good to know. I'm honestly thinking its the DV+ but its just weird because I got it professionally installed and I've never heard one that caused fluttering but for some reason mine does lol. I don't know what else I could credit it to? Would a tune really make it flutter like that...
  11. G

Heres another link to the vid, hopefully this works. But I don't know wether its bad or not? Some people say it'll destroy your turbo but some say its normal.
  12. G

Yeah I've got a couple I could take it to but idk what to have them look for? The guy who installed the DV+ and the downpipe said its a normal sound but I always thought it was bad.
  13. G

Here’s a video of the sound
  14. G

Hey guys, I just flashed IE's stage 2 on my GTI and while I did that along with the IE down pipe, I also installed a GFB DV+ which I bought from ECS Tuning. After the install of all the parts I noticed my intake was actually a bit quieter than before, prior to stage 2 with IE's intake and stage...
  15. G

ECS Tunings Stage 2 Clutch. Too Good to be True?

Welp, I'm flashing stage 2 tomorrow and I have no clue wether my clutch will slip, I'm guessing it won't judging off how stiff it is for being a 68,000 mile car which I bought with 62,000 miles and am 90% sure it was a new clutch. But hey, you never know. Regardless of the outcome I'm going to...
  16. G

Clutch Recommendations

Yeah I'm not sure how mine will hold up. TBH I've heard more people say they were fine than people who said they weren't. I don't think I'll slip because my car for sure has a LWFW because there is tons of chattering coming from the trans until you push in the clutch. So, that being said I'm...
  17. G

Shop won't install my downpipe because emissions?

I found another guy to do it who charges $200. I had 2 people recommend him, my buddy who knows VW's and Audi's like the back of his hand and Integrated Engineering themselves. They said he's the "VAG God". Also, I probably won't keep this car for much longer, I'm a highschool student and once...
  18. G

I'm not sure. I know certain counties in Utah don't do emissions but then you'd need a family member in that county so it can legally be registered there. But as far as the dp job I'm paying someone $200 to do it. I think it's worth it, then I don't even have to deal with it. Just drop it off...
  19. G

Hey guy's, so I got this Integrated Engineering downpipe for my GTI a few weeks ago and I finally was getting around to throwing it on this week but after calling around I'm having second thoughts. So first off I called one shop that quoted me 500 plus tax to install it LOL and then I called...
  20. G

Clutch Recommendations

Do you guy's have any recommendations for a clutch when going stage 2? I'm flashing stage 2 here in a week or two and I'm pretty sure my clutch won't slip because I'm almost certain it was a new clutch when I bought the car and I don't drive like an idiot. BUT, I want to play it safe so I'm...