GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

MK6 - GTI Factory Clutch and Flywheel Combo - USED

I'm interested if this is for sale still, post up or PM me and I think I'll get a notification in my email.
  2. T

FS: New front bumper cover

still have this thing taking up room in the shed.
  3. T

Bye Bye Transmission?

Update if anyone is out there still....my dsg is dead. Wouldn't shift out of first and on decceleration there was a whirring grinding sound metal on metal from trans. Glitter in the filter. My son is working on dropping the trans now, likely doing a manual swap.
  4. T

FS: OEM GTI Monster Mats, ECS Skid Plate, Trunk Mat & OE Style Golf R Side Skirts

Not to poop on OP his prices are prolly fair. Shipping is just so damn high lately. It makes it tough to do online person to person sales unless the item is smallish. I think the discounts that big sellers get are sizeable. The skirts shipped from ECS come out to $130. I just sold a headlight...
  5. T

Bye Bye Transmission?

Trans still shifting OK 3 months in. It faulted once when shifting into reverse on a hill. It is pretty clunky going into reverse or drive but seems to work OK. It's like it clunks twice then stops. I've never had a dsg so don't know if this is normal behavior. I assume the clutches need...
  6. T

FS: OEM GTI Monster Mats, ECS Skid Plate, Trunk Mat & OE Style Golf R Side Skirts

Where did the side skirts come from? I need a set.
  7. T

WTB> Hood, fenders Golf R Bumper

I have a brand new regular gti bumper right here in Melbourne/Satellite Beach if you're interested.
  8. T

I'll get pictures later. I just screengrabbed from Amazon which one i bought. Also the box its in now. I'll pull it out and grab photos
  9. T

Bye Bye Transmission?

So far so good. Got registration on the car and have put probably 30 miles and no code coming back for the tranny. Before the fluid change and speed wheel cleaning it would come back after just a minute of gear changes. I have to order obd eleven to clear the airbag code and I'll probably get a...
  10. T

I bought an extra bumper cover in a mix up with a seller and return shipping is as much as the bumper cost. I am in central FL and willing to meet up somewhere in the state. It's the CPP bumper off of Amazon. Seems like a nice bumper. Still new in the box. Was $325 to me with tax, will sell $275
  11. T

Bye Bye Transmission?

Update on mine in case anyone is following, I haven't really put many miles on it yet. I'm waiting on some registration stuff (insurance auction car) so can only drive around the neighborhood. So far no code yet but need to drive it more. One thing I'll mention is that doing the fill and drain...
  12. T

Bye Bye Transmission?

I'll have to read that other post. I glanced over it. Yikes. I pulled the mechatronics cover and everything looked fine there. No metal dust but I couldn't see another filter or magnets either. Refilled with oil, need to get it up to temp then set the level and do the adaption but the battery...
  13. T

Bye Bye Transmission?

Update on mine, drained the fluid which looked dirty but nothing alarming. Pulled the side cover and definitely have metal on the sensor wheel. I haven't decided if I want to pull the front cover of the mechatronics unit for more inspection.
  14. T

Bye Bye Transmission?

There is a trans local to me as well but at the same mileage as what I have. No point in swapping that in without a clutch pack I figure so might as well replace mine. If the mechatronic is bad well that is much easier and doesn't require dropping the trans so in my case I want to know which is...
  15. T

Bye Bye Transmission?

Awesome info Grabber. Yes I had watched a DAP video, or some other one, maybe a canadian guy, where they did just that, pulled that cover and took a peek around. I was looking at putting in a quart of Liquid Moly trans cleaner then changing the oil. I feel like the way it's behaving with it...
  16. T

WTB: Side skirt, rear bumper exhaust valence

Looking for a Side skirt driver side, rear bumper exhaust valence. In central Florida but we can figure out shipping.
  17. T

Bye Bye Transmission?

I am closely watching this post as well. New to the forum and just bought a 2011 GTI with a DSG that is having the same issue. I don't know the history on the service and haven't changed the oil yet. I have the same error. I am wondering if VCDS or OBD11 will show more detail if there is faults...