GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. iiCaptain

Wheel Shaking at Highway Speeds 70+

Update: So checked everything I could think of and still nothing, so I put the car on jack stands (in my driveway, pointed in a safe direction) and ran the front wheels up to 70mph. Disabled, TC and ESC, I could feel xds doing a little bit of vibrating to get the wheels spinning the same speed...
  2. iiCaptain

Cobb Accessport Unmarried mk6 $350

I bought an AP from a CCTA owner and it works fine on my CBFA. Doesn't matter.
  3. iiCaptain

Classes started and I had to drop this project for a little bit seeing as I drive 5 miles a week. I do have a warped rotor somewhere can feel it when I brake sometimes. Will update this when I eventually fix it, just no promises on how long it will take, probably get to it over winter break. If...
  4. iiCaptain

No hub centering rings, took the rim off and on the back it appears the center bore matches the hub bore of the car (57.1mm) unless I am reading it wrong (very possible). If I still need them, let me know. I know at the very least I am running the correct profile lug nuts. They're look great...
  5. iiCaptain

Hello again, I've had this issue for a while now, it seems as though it's been getting worse. On the highway my steering wheel shakes back and forth at 70+, and gets worse with speed and throttle input. However it still shakes when coasting in gear and in neutral. What's weird is that it only...
  6. iiCaptain

CBFA O2 Spacer

No P0420, but I've gotten a couple other codes. Moved down to Memphis for the summer and on the 10 hour drive down P013A set off, and then just today P2271 and P2096 set off. Never had these ones before so I'm thinking it could be a number of simple things like O2 spacer orientation. I would...
  7. iiCaptain

CBFA O2 Spacer

Figured I would follow up here with what I did for anyone coming across this in the future. I tried out one J style spacer on the last O2 sensor with both medium and small inserts and they both worked well except for scenarios where I was cruising with the car at 1500-2500 rpm for extended...
  8. iiCaptain

Boost Delay? Need help troubleshooting.

Ok so I think I figured it out, at least partially. I tore off my CAI and used a pringles can with a hole in the bottom to feed compressed air into the intake. It worked extremely well at holding air, and I found a leak where the turbo inlet pipe connects to the turbo. I replaced the clamp with...
  9. iiCaptain

I've looked up and down their website and they mention it on the how to datalog blog post, but never actually link to the table or anything. The only thing I can find is what they make you log when doing a MAF calibration: MK6 GTI Datalogging Parameters AFR APP Ambient Air Temp. Boost...
  10. iiCaptain

I am but not sure what you mean by log table. I have a link in the first post to the datalogs?
  11. iiCaptain

Changed spark plugs and that didn't work but I realize I made a mistake. I thought I was on the low torque tune which peaks at around 17 psi but I was on the high torque tune which peaks around 21 psi. Out of all the runs I only peak at 19 psi. I ruled out boost leak early because of this, but...
  12. iiCaptain

I appreciate all of the knowledge you guys are sharing. I'll go back and run some logs tonight with less variables. I mainly just used the preset it already has on there, as I don't know what to log and what not to. I'm enjoying learning more about this stuff though as I research, hopefully it...
  13. iiCaptain

I'm hesitant to replace coils due to cost and I expected more life out of them. Plugs might make sense but again I expected some more life out of them, at least with what I've seen on here for change intervals when tuned. I don't mean to sound cheap. I'll try replacing the plugs but while they...
  14. iiCaptain

Coils replaced about 15k miles ago and plugs 10k miles ago. Oem R8 coils and whatever the plugs are that stratified recommends. Gapped within .024" to .028" which they also recommend.
  15. iiCaptain

I swapped tunes on my accessport to a 93 octane stage 2 tune I had used before, and afterwards noticed an issue with acceleration. Anytime I step on the throttle, it builds a little boost, hesitates, and then builds the rest. It doesn't affect normal driveability, just any time I get on it. It's...
  16. iiCaptain

CBFA O2 Spacer

Yeah that's what I've gathered. Unfortunately I tried using some spacers from china and my o2 sensor didn't fit, as it didn't go deep enough. I need 90 degree or 45 degree spacers because my o2 sensors barely fit in the tunnel as is, unless I could lay them level but even then I don't think that...
  17. iiCaptain

CBFA O2 Spacer

Ok I have done a lot of research and looked at past forums, and figured I might ask the question once again because most of the helpful ones are a decade old. With cobb's new green speed update new tunes no longer turn off the check engine light for P0420. Well I got a new tune and my check...
  18. iiCaptain

Passed up what was my dream car to keep this gti

Haha yea my buddy said the same thing. At least I know I got the most car for my money. I'm about to pass 70k miles so not sure how bad my struts are, probably have some life left in them. I'm going to look into what suspension upgrades I should get done. I've heard a dog bone insert does a lot...
  19. iiCaptain

Passed up what was my dream car to keep this gti

Just figured I'd share this, definitely didn't work out the way I expected it to. I've been looking for an s60r for a couple years now because I always thought they were really cool and rare cars. Unfortunately most owners beat the piss out of them and they're so rare it is difficult to find a...
  20. iiCaptain

FS: VW Goals

Messaged