GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

Add Bluetooth to Base Golf?

I'd like to add Bluetooth to my base model 2011 Golf 2.5. It's the only feature that I wish I had. Is there some adapter that can be added to the car? There's a Bluetooth option on my HU (which is the RCD-310 I believe). I turned it on, but it didn't do anything. I was just wondering what it...
  2. T

Had My A/C Compressor Replaced

Took my car in (2011 Golf Base 2dr 5spd) for it's 10k mile oil change and checkup and mentioned that the A/C sounded a little noisy, kind of like a whine, every so often. It didn't really bother me but my wife would complain about it. The air was ice cold and I just figured maybe it was normal...
  3. T

Carrying a canoe with the OEM roof rack?

I'm looking to pick up a small canoe (under 16') and was wondering the best way to mount it using the factory roof rack. Are there any accessories that are used or do I just throw it up there and strap it down? Any pictures of how you guys mount canoes would be great. And I also assume I would...
  4. T

How do you mount your iPhone?

I'm looking for a mount for my iPhone to use in the car. I would like something that has a positionable arm that plugs into the cigarette lighter and charges the iPhone while it's in there, but am open to other suggestions. Whatever it is I would like it to look clean and not have a bunch of...
  5. T

How old is everyone

6. T

Is it okay to use your Mkv "Fast" for you mk6 GTI?

I'm not a GTI guy, but isn't that just some silly plastic toy?
  7. T

OEM Roof Rack Instructions?

Does anyone have a link to the OEM Votex roof rack manual? I got a deal on one used and it didn't come with the manual. I know how it goes on and off, but I would still like to read up on it. Thanks.
  8. T

How Hard is it to Replace the Radio?

With an aftermarket one? I've done this numerous times on other vehicles, but never with a radio this fancy or one that required another adapter (besides the basic wiring harness) to install it. I'm looking at this one from Crutchfield...
  9. T

Best deal on a 2.5L intake?

Where's the best deal on an intake for the 2.5L? As far as I'm aware the only options are the Carbonio and the Neuspeed P-Flo, right? Who's got the best price on either one?
  10. T

eBay Key Cover Review

I picked up this VW silicone key cover on eBay for $9.99 shipped. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649&item=160649082384&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT It arrived yesterday. One week from China to FL. Not bad. Pretty happy with it overall. The fit is...
  11. T

Weather Tech Floor Liners

I was wondering if anyone had a set of these for their Golf/GTI? I had a set on my old F150, and with all the money I spent on that truck, the mats were by far my favorite. The carpet looked brand new after 6 years of abuse. I looked into getting a set for my Golf, but it says they are only...
  12. T

Stock HU Questions

I was wondering if I were to swap out my base radio, RCD-310 I think (no Bluetooth, no iPod controls, only has aux input) in my base model Golf 2.5, with an RCD-510 touch screen unit, what else would I have to get in order to have control of the iPod through the head unit? Would I just need to...
  13. T

2.5L CAI Options?

I know about the Carbonio. I was just wondering what else was out there and what people's opinions are. Let's get some 2.5L love up in here.
  14. T

Volkswagen Radio Replacement Interface Needed? & Other Radio Question

I was browsing Crutchfield for a new head unit for my 2011 Golf 2.5 base model, and came across the following "Installation Details" I was wondering if this was necessary? My car doesn't have an upgraded sound system, or OnStar. For $129.99 I could buy a new (crappy, low-end) head unit. That...
  15. T

My New Golf is Infested with Spiders!

Here's a new one for you, as it was for the dealership too. I bought my car a little over a week ago, and one day I took it to the self car wash just to rinse it off because it was dusty. I noticed the water glistening on the something near the rear tire. It was a spider web. I didn't think much...
  16. T

Places to order wheel/tire packages?

I'm on the hunt for a set of wheels/tires for my 2011 Golf 2.5, and was wondering what some good sites are for wheel/tire packages. I know of Tire Rack (and that an order from them supports the forum) and Discount Tire Direct. Are there any other good reputable sites to order from? Right now...