GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. mkv_martinez

FS: (4) "Detroit" Wheels - 18x7.5 et51 - Central/North NJ Pick-Up

Looking to see if anyone is trying to pick up a set of Detroits. Took them off my GTI a few months ago. Wheels come with all 20 OEM Plastic Lug Caps Each one has some wear + tear & curbing on it - including some spots of failing/cracking clear coat. Not so bad they can't be put on a daily...
  2. mkv_martinez

DIY - ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps Install

Finally got around to installing my ECS Carbon Fiber Mirror caps the other night - figured I would post here as I don't think I saw any threads talking about them or any photos of them already installed before I got mine. I ordered these...
  3. mkv_martinez

2012 Deep Black Pearl 4dr Base Model GTI, or Veronica as I call her

A short intro... I've been immersed in the VW/Audi World for about 15 years now. Been to quite a few Show & Go, Waterfest, H20i (pre-hoodlums) and other VW/Audi-centric car meets over the years. I remember my first time being shown a modified MK4 GTI and I was never able to stop thinking about...
  4. mkv_martinez

Straight forward DIY Winter Wheel Painting

Last year I was lucky enough to score a killer deal on 4 steelies with winter tires still having about 75% life remaining. Only paid around $200 for these just before the first snowfall last year. They were in mediocre shape last season, so I ran them as they came. I knew when I pulled them out...
  5. mkv_martinez

WTB - Passenger Fender & Front Bumper

Just got into a fender bender this morning unfortunately :( Got the car jacked up and a bit stripped down, it appears the damage is mostly be cosmetic. If anyone has a Passenger Side Fender or Front Bumper Cover taking up space in their house and they'd like to sell it to a fellow mk6er; i'm...
  6. mkv_martinez

Add-a-Circuit Accessories

Working on hardwiring my radar detector and I think I have one of those plans that is not recommended, but would technically probably be fine (famous last words). I already have my dash cam wired up with an Add-a-Circuit, the added circuit powers a 12v cigarette lighter with a 12v USB Adapter...
  7. mkv_martinez

Union NJ Cars & Coffee - 5/31 9am

Saw this on instagram late last night, seemed to have some traction by this morning will likely be spraying my car off at the local coin wash and heading over in a bit
  8. mkv_martinez

Turbo Muffler Delete Install - N75 Valve Removal Question (Solved - With Photos!)

Hi All - hope your quarantines are going by quickly and safely. I decided to pull the trigger on the throttle pipe & turbo muffler delete (already had turbo outlet pipe) the other day and am currently working through the install. Based on all my reading online, I figured the only hard part of...
  9. mkv_martinez

2012 Candy White 2dr Base Model GTI, or Abby as I call her

Hi all, I've been slowly adding parts to my car since I got it brand new in 2012. Throughout that time (and to this day) the forums were always a great resource. I see the forums seem to be less active lately and hope to add my thread in here as my way of contributing back and being active...
  10. mkv_martinez

Mysterious Limp Mode

Under normal driving conditions my car simply stopped accelerating, and stopped building boost after flashing EPC at me. Pulled over, turned it off, and figured it was coil packs. Just did a VAGCOM scan and got 4 codes, none of which relate to what i thought was wrong. i was wondering if...
  11. mkv_martinez

Stock Shocks + H&R springs = ??

I just purchased my MKVI gti, brand new 2 door. I was wondering, if I only wanted a quick drop while im saving up for my sound system and exterior mods, how many miles do you think my shocks would last? I was looking into these springs: http://goo.gl/bQY7d I was hoping that my shocks could last...