GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

06 GTI vs Honda Civic

blake1314

Blake1314
Car(s)
06 GTI
PISSED OFF I just got into a little street race with a 95-97 Honda Civic. Piece of junk may i add! It happened maybe for half a block. but off the line the Civic Ate me alive. I am so frusterated right now. I want a rematch lol. I just wanted to come in and vent to all of you my feelings about this. My car is bone stock but still i figured the 2.0T would eat the 1.8l Civic. So it looks like i need to speed up these plans i have for modifications. If ya guys have any ideas let me know.
Blake (Maricopa, AZ)

07Noside

Banned
chip. problem solved. As long as your not up against a really worked civic you shouldn't have any more pesky rice problems.

blake1314

Blake1314
Car(s)
06 GTI
I think thats kind of stupid i cant post that on the other forum but i guess this will be the main forum for me. Thanks for letting me know about this one.

sirsycott

Vagcom In OC = Me
that sucks man,

if it's a piece of junk how did it beat you?

you should consider their chassis is light as hell for those year's

it may look like shit but it probably had some decent things if it took you out,

and put in some details, was it a walk by 2 cars? 3?

consider stage 1 chip

stage 2 if your willing to go out of your way to attempt kill a ricer honda that you might not know what the hecks in there

for all we know it could've been a k20 swap that i've been hearing alot about

but yeah

oh and if your NOT dsg, it could be your shifting isn't up to par?

blake1314

Blake1314
Car(s)
06 GTI
It was probably 1 car length. From the looks of it. It had a FULL exhaust. It was loud but sounded good. Im not sure if it had a Engine Swap it was defitnately a high school kid. My DSG was on i probably should have had it turned off?

07Noside

Banned
It was probably 1 car length. From the looks of it. It had a FULL exhaust. It was loud but sounded good. Im not sure if it had a Engine Swap it was defitnately a high school kid. My DSG was on i probably should have had it turned off?

you would have been stuck in one gear :yikes: ESP off is what you mean and yes turn that off :wink:
Loud is never a good deciding factor on a cars performance. I ran a civic del sol with a poop loud exhaust and little RIcer things at the track last friday. He even did a full burn out in the box as I sat at the line and then what happens 2.6 60ft with a 18.1 :lol:

blake1314

Blake1314
Car(s)
06 GTI
I wrote DSG but i meant to say. The Traction controll. You can tell i just bought this car a month ago LOL. My car is 6spd. I feel like a moron LOL!

anm vw

Ready to race!
Car(s)
11 G37X Coupe
Be careful man he could have a engine sway with some serious work done and left the body alone( A sleeper look) Would not be surprised if he had all of the above done.

sirsycott

Vagcom In OC = Me
wait.. im confused.. how can you not beat a junk old civic but you guys claim that a tib GT v6 cant beat you.. Im just really flabergasted about dis hea.

yeah yeah.. been working up dah grammer on dah real..

that civic was rollin a tib gt v6 swap

what else:happyanim:

blake1314

Blake1314
Car(s)
06 GTI
Im sure round 2 for me will be the guy at my works V6TIB. Ill make sure to smoke him and then ill post how easy he was to beat just for you buddy!

TurbO_Lag

Aint I?
Car(s)
2008 GTi MkV
He lost to an obvious sleeper civic, which if it walked the GTi, would shit all over a TIB.

TIB, do you honesly think you can beat a GTI? I am going to tie 2 bricks to the back of my car and race you (after removing my mods and going back to stock), and I garantee one of those bricks will end up on your hood or in your windshield.