GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.5L Platform General Chat

Blake1090

Go Kart Champion
Wow you should get some pics of the finished product

one thing I hate about waxing is the white shit it leaves behind. I just spent like 15 minutes cleaning it off the car, goes everyhwre. Im not gonna do the roof. just gonna leave it, it's gonna get dirty again haha. next time ill do the roof. my back is killing me .

iamgap

Ready to race!
I did it, but it didn't get rid of the smell. When I took it to the dealer for CV boot install I think they recognized the smell and took care of it without me saying anything.

I have a really funky smell that I cannot get rid of, and I keep my car clean. It almost smells like the tar/nicotine smell from a smoker's computer, but not quite. Is that anything like yours? If so, what was the fix? Cabin Air filter was just changes 8k miles ago, and I even double checked the filter was new. The filter had a recent manufacturing date stamp, so I know it was new.

If I use fabreeze it will go away for a while, but air fresheners only mask it.

gap

GoliathRage

Go Kart Champion
I have a really funky smell that I cannot get rid of, and I keep my car clean. It almost smells like the tar/nicotine smell from a smoker's computer, but not quite. Is that anything like yours? If so, what was the fix? Cabin Air filter was just changes 8k miles ago, and I even double checked the filter was new. The filter had a recent manufacturing date stamp, so I know it was new.

If I use fabreeze it will go away for a while, but air fresheners only mask it.

gap

Check under your seats for something. My car smelled like a smoker for a couple of days and I couldn't figure out what the smell was until I looked under the passenger seat and found a cigarrette butt. :mad:

Blake1090

Go Kart Champion
My smelled more like ass than smokers. Mine comes from the vents as soon as AC turns on

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
My smelled more like ass than smokers. Mine comes from the vents as soon as AC turns on

Have the same problem. After reading about it, it is said to happen from the ac leaving moisture behind in the piping and causing mold that stinks up the car when you use ac.

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
And I never really have my AC above halfway. It's always in the middle on setting 1 (sometimes 2) with the re-circ on.

camelgolf

Ready to race!
Does anybody know how much a dealer would cost for a full fog light kit? I'm looking at getting the kit oneperfectdose sells but I'm not sure on the fit/quality and installation. Thanks

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
Does anybody know how much a dealer would cost for a full fog light kit? I'm looking at getting the kit oneperfectdose sells but I'm not sure on the fit/quality and installation. Thanks

Don't get it from opd. His are way over priced. Find them on ebay I got mine for like 40 bucks for the fog light housing and grill and some super retarded cheap bulbs. The fit is not the greatest but I could say they are like 90% of the way there so, it is okay you can't tell the tiny difference unless you bend over and study the fog lights. When was the last time someone at a car show was like "WOW! Look at those fog lights I am going to observe them closer"? This goes for any ebay fog kit including opd's. Save your money.

Lastly, dealer will probably charge a good amount seeing how the fog lights alone cost like 2-300 dollars from the dealer.

camelgolf

Ready to race!
Don't get it from opd. His are way over priced. Find them on ebay I got mine for like 40 bucks for the fog light housing and grill and some super retarded cheap bulbs. The fit is not the greatest but I could say they are like 90% of the way there so, it is okay you can't tell the tiny difference unless you bend over and study the fog lights. When was the last time someone at a car show was like "WOW! Look at those fog lights I am going to observe them closer"? This goes for any ebay fog kit including opd's. Save your money.

Lastly, dealer will probably charge a good amount seeing how the fog lights alone cost like 2-300 dollars from the dealer.

Okay it will take a look on ebay, I just thought opd's was convenient with the euro switch and everything. Another thing it may be a stupid question but do they throw errors?

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Okay it will take a look on ebay, I just thought opd's was convenient with the euro switch and everything. Another thing it may be a stupid question but do they throw errors?

Yeah just go the eBay route. I got my kit on eBay for like $100 and got my harness from BFI.

And no it won't throw error codes because it's not hooked up to your cars computer. It's basically hardwired with a relay.

camelgolf

Ready to race!
Yeah just go the eBay route. I got my kit on eBay for like $100 and got my harness from BFI.

And no it won't throw error codes because it's not hooked up to your cars computer. It's basically hardwired with a relay.

Do you have a link for the harness you bought? And are they pretty simple to install?

Blake1090

Go Kart Champion
I got oem fog lights through eBay for a good deal like about what Arty payed