GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2009 Golf 103TDI

syphanx

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi guys,
New to this forum, thought I might give it a go since I may be owning a golf mk6 tdi soon.

So since my beloved Corolla got written off I am looking at getting a VW Golf MK6 2.0 103TDI.

A few questions,

1) How hard is it to install the RNS510 touch screen module. The car that I am currently looking at doesn't have one, but it would definitely be something I'd want to put in.

2) Rear Parking sensors (preferably the factory Golf MK6 ones), again the car doesnt have these, but I thought it would be a great addition and even better since i'd be able to integrate it to the RNS510

3) Any common problems that anyone has heard about the 103TDI's???

I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future but that'll do me for now.

Cheers,

Mike

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
Welcome to the forum Mike.

I am looking at getting a VW Golf MK6 2.0 103TDI.
I've never heard of a Golf MK6 2.0 103TDI. They don't do a 2.0 103PS in the UK it starts from 140PS. Are you talking of new or used?

1) How hard is it to install the RNS510 touch screen module. The car that I am currently looking at doesn't have one, but it would definitely be something I'd want to put in.
The radio modules should all be interchangeable. Now depending of which model you get they come with RCD 210 radio/MP3 compatible CD player, RCD 310 radio/MP3 compatible CD player with 8 speakers or CD 510 touch screen 6 CD autochanger/radio system.

2) Rear Parking sensors (preferably the factory Golf MK6 ones), again the car doesnt have these, but I thought it would be a great addition and even better since i'd be able to integrate it to the RNS510
If I had know how difficult it is to judge the distances front and back then I would have ordered the parking sensors. Parking sensors, front and rear £420 but I think I would have to change my RCD310. There are plenty of third party Parking sensors you can get.

I don't know of any problems I would suggest you join a specific TDI forum. A great one that I use is http://www.myturbodiesel.com/forum/ and http://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php ;)

TDI110

O_o
Hi guys,
New to this forum, thought I might give it a go since I may be owning a golf mk6 tdi soon.

So since my beloved Corolla got written off I am looking at getting a VW Golf MK6 2.0 103TDI.

A few questions,

I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future but that'll do me for now.

Cheers,

Mike

Welcome fellow TDIer,

The 2.0 L TDI is a very good engine, and has great potential as well. I love mine to death and it delivers very good power. Sure it's no TSI but it can hang with them on the autobahn for sure.

Now to answer you questions:

1) Child's play and only takes 10 minutes. There is a thread on here that details the process. Search threads by "Wildcars" I think his name is.

2) I don't think you can integrate 3rd party parking sensors into the RNS/RCD units. They have to be in the CANBUS. I may be wrong. I know VW in Germany installs their own aftermarket parking senors.

3) Mine's rock solid. 48,000km and going strong! 4.9L/100km...love it.:happyanim:

shahabdin

Ready to race!
The TDIs have tremendous torque and are really powerful uphill. Amazing at climbing uphill with almost no strain on the engine at super low revs. Never drivin a VW TDI but have seen from the taxi guys who use the Caravelle mini bus they're excellent engines. Up there with the best from Mercedes and BMW. :thumbsup:

TDI110

O_o
The TDIs have tremendous torque and are really powerful uphill. Amazing at climbing uphill with almost no strain on the engine at super low revs. Never drivin a VW TDI but have seen from the taxi guys who use the Caravelle mini bus they're excellent engines. Up there with the best from Mercedes and BMW. :thumbsup:

That's true. I love the engines power down-low. 3rd and 4th gears are by far the best. Feeling that rush of power is amazing. I'm sure the TSI and 2.0 TSI have that same feeling.

shahabdin

Ready to race!
And let's not forget the fuel consumption ;)
I've drivin the Audi TT 2.0 TFSI it was amaaaaaaaaaaaazingly powerful. I so enjoyed accelerating and hearing the engine purr and the exhaust sound in the rear. I'm hopefully pickin up my R-Line tomorrow or Monday latest. I love the sound of turbo!!!! She's in my avatar - got a kinda spy shot of her ahead of delivery :laugh:
<------------------

syphanx

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry forgot to add, I'm from Australia :D So maybe the models here are a bit different.

Keithhuk said:
"If I had know how difficult it is to judge the distances front and back then I would have ordered the parking sensors."

Are they hard to park? Wouldn't have thought so being such a small car and all... lol I hope they're not cause im a terrible parker.

TDI110

O_o
Parking the Mrk VI is easy. I have to parallel park almost daily. Luxembourg is a tight city. And backing into spots makes for easier exits.

The models may be different but the platform is the same. Doesn't the Oz have the R-Line trim package?

syphanx

Passed Driver's Ed
TDI110 said:
Doesn't the Oz have the R-Line trim package?

That's true they do, however the one that I am getting doesnt have it i dont think :(

Deep down my heart is set on a TDI, but value for money wise I'm also considering the Mazda 3 SP25, looks a bit tacky inside though.

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
Are they hard to park? Wouldn't have thought so being such a small car and all... lol I hope they're not cause im a terrible parker.
Well you would think its easy being a small car. The back its too bad as you only have to estimate how much the bumper protrudes beyond the rear screen. The front is the worst because the slope on the bonnet drops off so you can't see the edge as you could on all the other cars I've owned. Again you have to gestimate the distance from objects.

Obviously if you have the parking assist (£500) option it would be easier but that uses the parking sensors to judge distance.

When you say 2.0 103 TDI they do a 1.6 105 TDI in the UK so was that a typo? If you want a 2.0 then you would be better of looking for a 140PS.

Whats the actual reason you opting for the TDI is it economy?

UK Golf engines not including the GTD and GTi. ;)