GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2010 Civic Type R - raped badly!

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
So, I'm sitting in the queue to go down the 1/4 mile raceway and starts chatting to this guy in a Civic type R. Friendly banter about how quick his Type R is and his future plans for it. It becomes clear to me that he has no idea whatsoever what my Golf R is at all after mentioning fwd and how it should be a close race. I told him it wouldn't be that close to which he replied "you'll be surprised mate" and wound his window up ready to go forward and stage his car.

Both staged, we launched, game over! By the time I'd passed the 1/4 mile marker I couldn't even guess how far he was behind....25-30 car lengths? Anyway I turned off and went and queued up again and he pulled up at the side of me, wound his window down and said "what the f**k is in that man?"

A short tutoring on big turbo'd 4wd cars followed;)

Slip below shows just how bad he got beat. He wasn't even at the 1000ft mark by the time I'd finished the 1/4.

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie
Wow, nice time. Video would have been awesome, especially from inside his car.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Stage 3 AWD vs. K20 FWD

Almost double the horsepower and traction?.....Yeah. Go figure.

EDIT: More than double the Hp...

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Lol that guy had it coming :D ;) Nice run!! Literally halved his 60ft :lol:

Edit: that's a 1.8 not a 1.0, my b :rolleyes:

butchered by autocorrecr

Last edited:

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Stage 3 AWD vs. K20 FWD

Almost double the horsepower and traction?.....Yeah. Go figure.

EDIT: More than double the Hp...

LOL, I knew what the result would be, but didn't have the heart to tell him. :D

And this wasn't the worst Jap car rape of the day. I ran against a guy in a new GT86 and the gap was even bigger.

Legendary

Ready to race!

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
LOL, I knew what the result would be, but didn't have the heart to tell him. :D

And this wasn't the worst Jap car rape of the day. I ran against a guy in a new GT86 and the gap was even bigger.

I wouldn't have talked if I were him. It might be a great twisty car, but that K20 is lethargic on the straight track.

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion
DSG on this car stage 3 is ridiculous...

sent from GS4 using tapatalk

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
lol wish you had a video of that...and one of you guys crossing the traps...like in Top Gear when they do a fast car vs. McLaren F1