GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2010 GTI MK6 Project

Alizzo

Ready to race!
Ok so while I'm still pissed about my wheel, I decided that I want yellow bulbs in my headlights, & fogs.

I did the headlights last night and will do the fogs later today. The fogs are a little more difficult from what I understand, I have to get in front of the wheel, behind the bumper. The headlights were very easy to do.

Here's what the bulbs looked like stock:

This is the old bulb, you just turn it just a little bit, and it clicks and comes right out:

Here are the bulbs I used:

Here are the AFTER shots:

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the look! Yes, I know that I will probably get pulled over, WHO CARES. They pull me over, give me a fix it ticket, I'll fix it, and put the yellow back in, haha. The look is dope. It's actually really bright. No visibility loss at all.

Once the fogs are done, it's gonna look even better I'm hoping.

Anyway, ENJOY!

Alizzo

Ready to race!
Just did the fogs. They were easier to do than the headlights.

Same brand bulbs:

Turn the wheel to get access to the wheel well area behind the fog light & take off the oval tab:

From there you just turn the light, pull it out, replace with the new bulb, and put it back in. EASY.

Here's the AFTER:

My homie Joe took this shot on his iPhone 4. HDR app.

On to the next!!!

MeineMK6

Hey man! Been following your thread for a while now and just thought i should say your doing a dope job. I painted my emblems the other week and got my ideas from you. haha I actually from the Bay myself. Did you order your hyper yellow bulbs online?

Alizzo

Ready to race!
Hey man! Been following your thread for a while now and just thought i should say your doing a dope job. I painted my emblems the other week and got my ideas from you. haha I actually from the Bay myself. Did you order your hyper yellow bulbs online?

Thanks man! I'm pretty new to this scene all-together and learning along the way, so it's definitely cool to hear that other people are enjoying my mods. Glad you were able to get some ideas for your car too!

My brother-in-law ordered them from me but from what I hear, you can get them a lot of sites. Just type the brand name into google and you should get a lot of results.

My brother-in-law owns his own company called Adam's Rotors btw. I'll be getting a set of drill, drill, slot from him pretty soon here. You should hit him up when you're interested in getting new rotors. Tell him I sent you and he'll take care of you.

adamsrotors@me.com is his email.

Thanks again man!

MeineMK6

Thanks man! I'm pretty new to this scene all-together and learning along the way, so it's definitely cool to hear that other people are enjoying my mods. Glad you were able to get some ideas for your car too!

My brother-in-law ordered them from me but from what I hear, you can get them a lot of sites. Just type the brand name into google and you should get a lot of results.

My brother-in-law owns his own company called Adam's Rotors btw. I'll be getting a set of drill, drill, slot from him pretty soon here. You should hit him up when you're interested in getting new rotors. Tell him I sent you and he'll take care of you.

Thanks again man!

Dude for sure, thanks and yeah im pretty new to scene myself. If your looking for any after market parts a few of my buddies started there company a little bit ago. There only on facebook right now just working out the kinks on their new website but they can get you a great deal. Just type in Bay street motorsports on facebook. We also have car meets and stuff, were all from the East Bay.

Alizzo

Ready to race!
Dude for sure, thanks and yeah im pretty new to scene myself. If your looking for any after market parts a few of my buddies started there company a little bit ago. There only on facebook right now just working out the kinks on their new website but they can get you a great deal. Just type in Bay street motorsports on facebook. We also have car meets and stuff, were all from the East Bay.

Dope. Thanks for the heads up, I'll definitely check it out.

CSteelGrrl

Ready to race!
Alizzo, I love that last pic!! Thumbs up!

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Why do people take of the emblem badges? I love the three letters G T I lol. maybe that's just me i'm a badge guy. I'm assuming if I put a 2.0T badge on the other side of the gti emblem on the hatch most people on this thread would not like it? just taking a guess lol. anyways love the car man :)

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
^
Do whatever you want :p

2.0T would make the car lose some of it's stealthiness, most people think 2.0T SHOULD be evo fast and v8s might try to race you, but well, i live in a strange country.

Alizzo

Ready to race!
Why do people take of the emblem badges? I love the three letters G T I lol. maybe that's just me i'm a badge guy. I'm assuming if I put a 2.0T badge on the other side of the gti emblem on the hatch most people on this thread would not like it? just taking a guess lol. anyways love the car man :)

Yeah that's totally a preference thing man. I'm a NO BADGE guy. I like the clean look more than anything. If it wasn't so expensive, I'd shave my door handles off too. Lol.

Thanks, glad you like the car!

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
Great build! The lights really contrast well with the CW ;)

Thanks again man!

He owns Adam's Rotors?

:eek:
:thumbsup: