GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2010 VW GTI - $15,499

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
wow, price seems awfully low - why not just trade it in at that rate? I forget tho, you don't get a tax credit in Cali on the trade / difference with the new car do you?

FFAC

Ready to race!
The dealership tried low balling me, so if I am gonna sell it for stupid low, I'd rather a forum member have it than the dealership. And I am not looking for negotiations...just a quick sale.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
www.nada.com

the most realistic values found here^

go to another dealer? lol

FFAC

Ready to race!
Thanks GunKata, went to two dealerships and got offered $14,500...like I said, if the dealership is going to bend me over, I'd rather pass on the car on to someone who appreciates it, not the dealership who will flip it for a $4k - $5k profit.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
It's sad to see how fast these cars are dropping in value :(

this is just an outlier here... he's priced it way too low, but that's his choice. A dealer would sell that car all day long at about $19K or so and if OP was finding another dealer or even the right private party, he should have no problem clearing $16K-$18K (dealer on the low end, private party on the high).

The mods aren't helping his case, though.

Modded cars rarely hit the lot as a retail unit, they typically go straight to the auction after trade in.

this^ always best to demod as much as you can and sell those parts to recoup money as well.

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
The mods aren't helping his case, though.

Modded cars rarely hit the lot as a retail unit, they typically go straight to the auction after trade in.

this is just an outlier here... he's priced it way too low, but that's his choice. A dealer would sell that car all day long at about $19K or so and if OP was finding another dealer or even the right private party, he should have no problem clearing $16K-$18K (dealer on the low end, private party on the high).

this^ always best to demod as much as you can and sell those parts to recoup money as well.

I agree, mods very rarely increase value. But take a look around at your local lots and see how much the price has dropped on used and CPO GTIs. I paid a significant amount more for a CPO a year and a half ago (comparing equally equipped and aged models of course) than what they're selling for now. The CPO prices on these cars dropped a lot over the past year.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I think his price is spot on... Base model GTI 3 years old and with 45k miles. A new one is about 22k in the same configuration.

OP Good luck with the sale, it should happen quick.