GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011 GTI 6 speed vs G35 Couple

4D17HY4

Ready to race!

jaja123

Ready to race!
Are you on crack? An 03 Z cannot beat an mk6 gti. A good race would be with the 306hp z's. 2007+

I believe it. A DE VQ 350z 6 speed coupe is probably slightly faster than a stock gti. I think the de's run low 14's stock trapping 98-100ish. Now an HR 350z will beat a stage 2 gti.

As for a g35 it depends on whether its a sedan, coupe DE engine or REV UP engine.

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
I also sold my G35 to get a MK6 but I sure miss having 600whp

GTI's are great and wouldn't hesitate to own another Vdub or Audi but I'm craving RWD.

I'm thinking 370z maybe

My old G

that's nice g35 Dan! what were your mods?

Tecni

Ready to race!
that's nice g35 Dan! what were your mods?

Greddy Twin Turbo kit
Greddy FMIC Kit
Carbonetic Triple Carbon Clutch
Arias Extreme Duty Pistons 9:1
Cosworth Bearings
Hks Metal Headgaskets
ARP L19 head studs
ARP main studs
Nissan Revup Oil Pump
Pauter Rods
Hks Ignition amplifier
Cusco A-Arms
Stillen Camber and to kits
Greddy Evo TT exhaust
Tial BOV
Tial 44mm wastegates
SVRT open dump system
Volk GT-7
Nismo front bumper
2006 projector headlights
Sparco Milano 2 seats
Custom all black suede interior
Nismo titanium shift knob
Pioneer Navi
Steel braided clutch line
Blitz sbc i-color boost controller
Greddy turbo timer
Innovate wideband
Jim Wolf valve spring and shim kit
Greddy spark plugs
Altered Atmosphere oil pan spacer
Greddy Oil pressure gauge
Greddy boost gauge
JDM Nissan steering wheel
Tein coilovers
B&M short shifter

I'm forgetting to mention a bunch of stuff but this is off the top of my head.

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
stage 1 GTI will destroy a g35.

Really. Destroy? What year G35?

I'd be curious to see how a tuned MK6 would compare with a new G37, coupe or sedan...

I know I am going to get flamed for this, but oh well....wouldn't be the first time haha.

I sold my Stage 2 MK6 a few weeks ago. And I just bought a G37 sedan.

Now.

You might want to sit down for this, but.....

I am confident that my G37, stock, would beat my Stage 2 MK6.

*ENTER FLAME HERE*

0-60 might be close....but after that it would be all G. The G doesn't FEEL fast. The car feels heavy and there is NO low end torque in these things. But when you push the gas pedal, the MPH increase at a rapid pace....and the MPG decrease at a rapid pace.

But there are stretches of road that I drive every day where....if there's no one around....I will go WOT until I hit 100 MPH and then shut it down. I would always start at the same point, and hit 100 at the same spot. When I do this with the G, I hit 100 well before the "spot" where my GTI would hit 100.

Do I like the G better than the GTI?.......right now, no, I don't.

There are pros and cons to both cars when I compare them. They are just really totally different vehicles and it is taking time for me to get used to the G.

I did just order dual air intakes and an ARK true dual catback. High flow cats will be next, and then a tune. (Yes....there IS a tune for these things. Only about 30 HP but when there are no Turbo/Supercharger involved, you gotta take what you can get haha)

With all that said.....I will be first in line when the MK7's come out haha.

jaja123

Ready to race!
Really. Destroy? What year G35?

I know I am going to get flamed for this, but oh well....wouldn't be the first time haha.

I sold my Stage 2 MK6 a few weeks ago. And I just bought a G37 sedan.

Now.

You might want to sit down for this, but.....

I am confident that my G37, stock, would beat my Stage 2 MK6.

*ENTER FLAME HERE*

0-60 might be close....but after that it would be all G. The G doesn't FEEL fast. The car feels heavy and there is NO low end torque in these things. But when you push the gas pedal, the MPH increase at a rapid pace....and the MPG decrease at a rapid pace.

But there are stretches of road that I drive every day where....if there's no one around....I will go WOT until I hit 100 MPH and then shut it down. I would always start at the same point, and hit 100 at the same spot. When I do this with the G, I hit 100 well before the "spot" where my GTI would hit 100.

Do I like the G better than the GTI?.......right now, no, I don't.

There are pros and cons to both cars when I compare them. They are just really totally different vehicles and it is taking time for me to get used to the G.

I did just order dual air intakes and an ARK true dual catback. High flow cats will be next, and then a tune. (Yes....there IS a tune for these things. Only about 30 HP but when there are no Turbo/Supercharger involved, you gotta take what you can get haha)

With all that said.....I will be first in line when the MK7's come out haha.

I believe you. g37's can run upper 13's trapping 100-102, which is stage 2 gti territory. Depending on the torque delivery it can give a false impression of acceleration.

jb606

Passed Driver's Ed
I still have my G37xS, what a difference between the two cars. I wish the GTI had the steering feel the G does but I want the GTI seats in the G. The sport seats on the G37 are hard as rocks but damn does that thing likes to eat corners (and gas).

GTI_02.JPG
DSC01142_2.JPG

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
There are a ton of Gs in the part of LA I live in, many of them modded. I am haunted by the sound of the exhaust on these things, even stock, let alone the aftermarket ones. The older G35s may not be that fast by 2012 standards, but they were decent performers for their time, and anyway, they still look and sound good to me. It's not like the GTI is a fast car either, until the turbo is upgraded.