GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011 Tiguan Owners

Kevandra

Ready to race!
Hello all,

We're in the market for a second family hauler and we are seriously considering a demo Tiguan. We don't need a bus; we only have one toddler and plan to keep it that way.

Our garage is on the shallow side, so CRV and RAV will be a tight fit. I drove both and immediately wanted to go to VW. I really wasn't impressed with the finish or drive.

Does anyone here have any first hand experience with the Tig? I'd love to hear it. We plan to use it to shuttle around town, drive to the cottage a few times per summer and run to the slopes with our skiis.

I did a quick search of the site and found comparisons and comments but I didn't see too many actual owner posts.

Thanks.
K

sh314

Ready to race!
Not an owner, but a friend has one. They love it so far and it has been pretty reliable.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
2.0T... its a beautiful thang.

P

plac

get an AWD Tig... then maybe that Golf R downpipe would fit.. both AWD..

FiGGy77

Ready to race!
mom has an 09 tig. it's pretty roomy inside despite it looking small. has just under 60k, no issues (aside for the occasional rattles and squeaks). I love driving it when I have to, it's peppy when it needs to be. she only has the FWD version, but it's handled the winters it's seen so far.

pressure drop

Ready to race!
Everyone I know who has a Tig didnt know its a Golf. They're shocked to learn its on the same chassis as my GTI.

And I cant convince anyone of them to get a stg 1 tune. Who can understand non-car people?

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
its literally just like a lifted GTI
the car is alright and drives nice
my girlfriend has had hers for about 2 years now and its been a good car

AXO

Go Kart Champion
I almost bought the wife a Tiguan, but we ended up getting the CC. The wife did not want a SUV. They are very nice and I like them. My neighbor has a Tiguan and a Toureg. They mostly drive the Tiguan. The Toureg sits in their garage, if that tells you something.

Artysta

Ready to race!
My wife has a 11' tiguan and we both love it. Sometimes I actually like driving the tigster better than my gti. We have the awd version so its not as good on gas as the gti but still a blast to drive and great in the winter time. Just make sure to get winter tires.