GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2012 GTi wishlist.

McQueen77

Banned
Exactly, and don't forget, you guys (USA) generally have the lowest prices in the world.

Up here in Canada, a top spec GTI, after taxes and fees gets damn close to $40k. Now throw on these "wishlist" options... how many of you guys wanna pay 45 - 50k for a GTI?

$40k for a GTI??!!!

wow

Saleen731

Passed Driver's Ed
I doubt that a GTi will get that high but how much does the adaptive suspension and park assist cost.
I also agree make the multifunctional steering wheel standard and the Bi-Xenons standard to. That's what I loved about MKV's one less thing to worry about when finding your car. I just would like to see new colors or a new limited edition like the ferinheight.

Saleen731

Passed Driver's Ed
I think some people misunderstand that not all these should be standard options. I'm sorry to our neighbors in the great white north that you already pay 40k, but aren't you guys used to paying 20% more then us on a dollar that's worth less then ours. I agree that some options like park assist and adaptive suspension are going to raise the price but if some one is willing to pay then at least let them build one to order.

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
I think some people misunderstand that not all these should be standard options. I'm sorry to our neighbors in the great white north that you already pay 40k, but aren't you guys used to paying 20% more then us on a dollar that's worth less then ours. I agree that some options like park assist and adaptive suspension are going to raise the price but if some one is willing to pay then at least let them build one to order.

lol.. just because we should be "used" to overpaying, it's okay?

And if someone is "willing to pay"... I'm sure it could be done... even today.

It's all about economy of scale right? The market needs to indicate that it is worth the cost to put these options into the logistics of the manufacturing process.

My point was... if you wanted Park Assist, etc. very badly... honestly, approach VW about it. Throw them enough money (like... tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of dollars) to add that option, and I'm sure they will bite :)

O-III

Ready to race!
Wrong, Saleen73, our dollar is now worth more than yours! But there is no adjustment in prices. So we get screwed anyway. It's the Canadian way.

Saleen731

Passed Driver's Ed
lol ty LJ for understanding that it was a joke about the price differances Canada and the US have. I really just think that 2012 is the last year we GTi owners will have a nice car before we get delt with like the Jetta and Passat did. So before that happens with a MK7 I just want to see the best for last.

lol ty LJ for understanding that it was a joke about the price differances Canada and the US have. I really just think that 2012 is the last year we GTi owners will have a nice car before we get delt with like the Jetta and Passat did. So before that happens with a MK7 I just want to see the best for last.

I can't see VW jack with the GTI cult like that. Even if the next GTI is made in Messyco, it will still use a multilink at the rear and may even offer fancy controls like ACC and parking cameras because of the lower cost to build and ship...

I sat in a Jetta yesterday, and for $18k, the car's interior is comparable, if not better than anything in its class... (Corolla, 3, civic). The materials are soft where they need to be, hard where we don't touch. And although the suspension is a solid beam at the back, we doubt the average Jetta driver will be carving corners at GTI velocity.

VW's plan is sound. The return of a good GLI in a couple of months satisfies the VW enthusiasts.

xls

Just in case someone from VW actually reads this... Please make the Bi-Xenon HID lights an option (or standard) for the cheaper packages.

Personally, I want the Bi-Xenons and Dynaudio, don't care for anything else.

myGTi2011

i left the lot paying 44k for my gti in ottawa, fully loaded 4dr, with anti-rust and paint protection + 7yr/140k warranty. tough to not get a c-class merc, or a4

TheCityGame

I'd like to see options available that aren't part of entire packages.

I'd be happy to pay a couple thousand for leather without having to buy the "Autobahn" package.

zee

Go Kart Champion
2012 USA GTI and Golf R will have this, but no LED tails.

Attachments

• volkswagen-golf-led-headlight.jpg
    volkswagen-golf-led-headlight.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 5,431