GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 gti s stock tires done after 17000

Judas

Go Kart Newbie
HI
I'm looking for new tires after only 16000 miles.it came with perilli Centurada all season rated for 75000.at 14000 they were at 5/32. I wasn't racing it, it seems way too early for them to need replacing.is this common?
I'm not sure whether to buy cheap tires, since my car eats em up. Or buy nice ones and hopefully get 40000 miles out of them, any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Rojote

Banned
Did you rotate them every 5k miles? Must do with the aggressive rear camber.

rsfVW

Tires are the only thing keeping you going in your intended direction. I'd buy the best tired you can regardless of how many miles you get out of them.

If they are rated at 75,000 miles, then contact your dealership/service advisor or Pirelli and ask about a proration credit toward new tires as yours wore out 59,000 miles before they were rated to. I assume they are at the 3/32nd threshold now?

Start with Michelins and work your way down. My experience has been Michelin then most others: Bridgstone/Firestone, Continental, etc. Goodyears (for cars) and Japanese tires are on the bottom of my list. They seem to wear unevenly.

dragoncoach

Ready to race!
I can't imagine only getting 17k on that set. Those tires aren't all that sticky. I even got 22k out of a set of performance tires with our M5 driving like a bat out of hell. Something may be a little off. Regarding tires, it all depends on your driving style, the climate you drive in and where you drive. I agree with rsfVW, buy the best tires you can afford that suits the previous criteria.

Last edited:

Judas

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah they were rotated, completely even wear. Called dealership, no help, said it was normal. Called vw of us and they couldn't do anything since they don't warranty tires. I asked if they don't warranty tires cuz they know they're bad lol. I've emailed perili five times no answer, called and can never get thru.

Dealer ship is pushing for an alignment on a car 1 .5 years old lol. Wear was even and it doesn't pull.

So I guess my question is what are people getting mileage wise on tires?

I'm in az and don't drive too crazy, just at a loss of where to go from here lol
Thanks

rsfVW

I have 12k mileage and the tires are 50% done.

Same here. Well, about 60% left to be fair. I'm scraping these Bridgestone Potenza RE97 AS anyway. They are not really good enough at anything to merit keeping them. They are shockingly bad in snow for an AS tire.

I'm going to either Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ or Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 when winter hits and try out whichever one I pick for a full year. If the snow is too deep, I'll wake up my Bronco to play.

Kjhcambs

Ready to race!
Tyre wear will increase more quickly as they wear. So lets say you get just as an example 50% in the first 16 months do not expect to last that again on the remaining tread. All to do with heatbetc I understand. I would have thought 17000 miles isnt to bad. Is that for the fronts only ? If thats rears as well I would expect a little more, unless you are driving it hard all the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lv2bll54

Passed Driver's Ed
I just purchased Firestone Indy 500's because my stock all seasons were almost done at 16k. I was blowing through the front's every second I could lol.

That being said with the little time I've had with the 500's they seem to be a great budget tire. Will update later today after autocross!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Damn so you're saying my tires aren't even good for a year of driving? That's bad.

What's a good spring summer fall set up for this car? Will need winters too.

lv2bll54

Passed Driver's Ed
A year of driving yes, it all depends on driving style. I could have gotten 30k+ out of my OEMs with Prius driving but all these spirited mountain runs and red light launches cut that in half.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Seems like a super low number to be worn out if you drive normally and rotated the tires. Maybe they were underinflated and in combination with the heat being in Arizona they wore out quicker?

Skwangtang

Ready to race!
Can also confirm, the Cinturatos that the car comes with are garbage. Took my car in for the 10k and had them rotated. Dealer said the fronts were much worse and my car needed "alignment." I didn't feel like arguing so I just paid for the alignment. Typical dealer shit.