GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

***2015 Spring UNIbrace Group Buy***

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTItraveler

Ready to race!
THIS GROUP BUY WILL END May 25th

All right everybody, The Spring 2015 edition of the UNIbrace Group Buy is finally in effect!!. You’ve PM’ed and emailed me so here it is!

Me

Bruce Levin, the brains behind the UNIbrace line of products. I am first and foremost, an avid VW enthusiast, architect, and designer of all that are UNIbrace. I do my best to be a very friendly and helpful guy and will be in and out of the thread (username GTItraveler), to answer any technical questions you might have regarding fitment, design, and use.

The Products — Please note these product listings are for Mk4 – Mk7.
Mk7 are marked by*

UNIbrace XBQ* – is mounted in the rear hatch of the vehicle, flush against the back of the rear seats, and can be easily and quickly removed/replaced if need be, when loading/carrying LARGE, oversized objects…Four bolts, an allen key, and appx 3-5 minutes of your time is all it takes.

-Fits MkVII VW Golf platforms. May fit Jetta, but I need someone to verify a couple dimensions.

-Strong 5052 aluminum with high temperature automotive powdercoating

-Low weight: 6.125lbs (~2.78 kg)

UNIbrace XB - is mounted in the rear hatch of the vehicle, flush against the back of the rear seats, and can be easily and quickly removed/replaced if need be, when loading/carrying LARGE, oversized objects…Four bolts, an allen key, and appx 3-5 minutes of your time is all it takes.

-Fits MkIV, MkV, and MkVI VW Golf platforms: Golf, GTI, .:R32, Golf R.

-Jetta/Bora applications (by special order) Prices are $25.00 higher than the standard prices depending on your locations.

-Super strong 6061-T heat-treated aluminum with high temperature automotive powdercoating

-Low weight: 6lbs (~2.7 kg)

-Retains both rear seat and hatch use

-Installs in about 1- 1/2 hours — removes in minutes via four stainless steel socket head fasteners.

UNIbrace UBQ* – is mounted to the undercarriage of the vehicle, replacing the inadequate stock cross braces across the exhaust tunnel. Overall ground clearance is affected ~1" for you stanced out fools.

Compatibility:
MkVII VW Golf, GTI, Golf R, Jetta/Bora, Variant platforms
-Constructed from super strong waterjet cut, CNC bent .25″ (7mm) 6061 heat treated aluminum with high temperature automotive powdercoat finish.
-8.1lb (~ 3.2Kg)
-Includes deep nut hardware
-Compliments the UNIbrace XBQ for the ultimate chassis stiffening solution for MkVII platforms.

UNIbrace UB - is mounted to the undercarriage of the vehicle, replacing the inadequate stock cross braces across the exhaust tunnel. Overall ground clearance is affected ~1" for you stanced out fools. For those of you running aftermarket exhausts, please see the Spacer/Deep nut kit below.

-Fits MkV and MkVI VW Golf, GTI, .:R32, Golf R, Jetta/Bora, Variant, Audi A3/S3 (3/5 door model), Seat Leon Cupra, and Skoda Octavia RS platforms

-Constructed from Super strong waterjet cut, CNC bent .25" (7mm) 6061 heat treated aluminum with high temperature automotive powdercoat finish

-7lb (~ 3Kg)

-Compliments the UNIbrace XB for the ultimate chassis stiffening solution for these platforms.

UNIbrace UB xlr – This is NEW and specifically for MkVI Golf R with APR RSC turbo back exhausts, but will fit all other applications. You asked for it and now it’s here!

-Fits All model cars as the standard UB, plus Golf R. Includes the spacer/deep nut kit to give extra exhaust hanging flexibility.

-Constructed from Super strong waterjet cut, CNC bent .25" (7mm) 6061 heat treated aluminum with high temperature automotive powdercoat finish

-7lb (~ 3Kg)

-Compliments the UNIbrace XB for the ultimate chassis stiffening solution for these platforms.

UNIbrace RB - is mounted at the rear of the undercarriage of the vehicle. It will now fit all exhausts!

-Fits MkV and MkVI VW Golf, GTI, Jetta/Bora, Passat, CC, Variant, Audi A3/S3 (3/5 door model), and Seat Leon Cupra FWD platforms with stock and aftermarket exhausts. IRS ONLY

-Constructed from waterjet cut, CNC bent .25" (7mm) 5052 aluminum with high temperature automotive powdercoat finish

-2.3lb (~ 1.1Kg)

-Compliments the UNIbrace UB for the ultimate underbody rear suspension stiffening solution for these platforms.

Other invaluable UNIbrace accessories are:

M8 HD nutsert tool - Basically a must-have tool for installation of the UNIbrace XB. Unless you are an absolute ‘tooling’ wizard, trust me, you will want to add this handy piece to your order when purchasing the XB.

Spacer/Deep nut kit - Increases exhaust clearance of the UNIbrace UB when running an aftermarket downpipe with a resonator measuring more than 4.0" Ø in the midpipe area. Can also be a good idea to add to your order if you are ordering a UB now, and have plans to add an aftermarket downpipe/resonator in the future.

The Process.

*PLEASE READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING VERY CAREFULLY*

The group buy will begin processing and shipping once we have reached 30 units. This is NOT an interest thread, so please, only sign up if you are fully committed and ready to forward your payment as soon as it is requested.

Yes, for those of you who are already wondering, if somebody orders multiple braces, each brace ordered will count towards that 35 unit minimum, and no, nutsert tools and spacer kits do not count.

The buy will not close at 30 units, but we will not start requesting payments, until we have reached the 30 unit mark, nor shipping orders, until we have 35 units paid for. Spread the word on your local forums, at your local gtg's, and anywhere else you think might get us to our goals sooner rather than later.

This time around, I will be keeping the only official group buy list here on the first page of the thread. It should make things a bit easier to keep track of, but...

I WILL NOT ADD YOU TO THE LIST UNTIL YOU'VE PM'D or EMAILED ME YOUR INFO. What info?, you ask...

REQUESTED INFO

1. username here on the forum

2. full name

3. Your PAYPAL associated email address

4. your order, including color(s) (red or black) & shipping option

5. proper shipping address if different from the address on file with your Paypal account

6. Your phone number & a quick note, including the State or Country ONLY IF you are a resident of California, Hawaii, Canada and/or anywhere else outside of the U.S. (If you're in California, we don't need your phone number.)

Once we get to our minimum number of units, I will begin sending your PAYPAL payment requests to the email addresses you've provided me, so please make sure your addresses are linked to your Paypal accts.

The Numbers

All prices listed below are in U.S. dollars

UNIbrace XB/XBQ*
US Retail: $355.00

Group Buy Prices
US: $299.00 (via UPS Ground)
California: $327.00 (inc./sales tax via UPS Ground)
Canada: US$350.00 (via USPS Priority Mail – NO Express Mail available for this size)
UK: US$380.00 (via USPS Priority Mail – NO Express Mail available for this size)
AU: US$435.00 (*must ship via UPS Expedited Service)

UNIbrace UB/UBQ*
US Retail: $355.00

Group Buy Prices
US: $299.00 (via UPS Ground)
California: $327.00 (inc./sales tax via UPS Ground)
Canada: US$350.00 (via USPS Priority Mail)
Canada: US$380.00 (via USPS Express Mail)
UK: US$380.00 (via USPS Express Mail)
AU: US$435.00 (via USPS Express Mail)

UNIbrace UB xlr
US Retail: $390.00

Group Buy Prices
US: $334.00 (via UPS Ground)
California: $362.00 (inc./sales tax via UPS Ground)
Canada: US$385.00 (via USPS Priority Mail)
Canada: US$415.00 (via USPS Express Mail)
UK: US$415.00 (via USPS Express Mail)
AU: US$470.00 (via USPS Express Mail)

UNIbrace RB universal fitment)
US Retail: $244.00

Group Buy Prices
US: $204.00 (via UPS Ground)
California: $224.00 (inc./sales tax via UPS Ground)
Canada: US$220.00 (via USPS Priority Mail)
UK: US$260.00 (via USPS Express Mail)
AU: US$275.00 (via USPS Express Mail)

Combo Pricing

*Prices are for either XB+RB or UB+RB. Mk7 Guys, sorry, no combo prices as they can not be put in the same box for shipping.

US: $467.00 (via UPS Ground)
California: $512.00 (inc./sales tax via UPS Ground)
Canada: US$536.00 (via USPS Priority Mail)
UK: US$577.00 (via USPS Express Mail)
AU: XB/RB US$692.00 (*must ship via UPS expedited service)
AU: UB/RB US$642.00 (via USPS express)

M8 Nutsert Tool

$35.00

Spacer/Deep Nut Set

$35.00

*NOTES:

Just in case there is any confusion out there in the thread, PLEASE contact me, Bruce Levin GTItraveler. Email is preferable as the vendor posts are limited to five posts per day.

Once again, please don't forget to PM me all requested info, including which type of shipping you'd like, as it affects invoice pricing. Also, if you forget to select a color for your braces, I will automatically select whichever color he has more of in stock.

I will not be on the site 24/7, so if you don't see yourself on the list right away, don't worry about it. I will be adding people to the list in the order I receive their emails with all requested info.

Ok boys & girls, let's get this thing going, the sooner we get the buy up to 30 units, the sooner I will begin processing orders and getting your braces in the mail.

Not much time left, the buy will close on the 25th of May...Get your orders in ASAP so we can start shipping! Once we reach the minimum, we will start shipping.

Last edited:

GTItraveler

Ready to race!
1. vdub's — Black UB + Spacer Kit
2. TALON AE— Black UB
3. Ursus americanus— Red UBQ + Black XBQ + Nutsert Tool
4. Blue — Black UB + Black RB
5. Faceman — Black UB + Spacer Kit
6. LeGTI — Black UBQ + Black XBQ + Nutsert Tool
7. wolfstrice09 — Black XB + Black UB + Nutsert Tool
8. bluearr32 — Black XB + Nutsert Tool
9. StormTroopAPR — Black XB + Red UBxlr
10. GoddyB — Black XB + Black UB + Black RB + Nutsert Tool + Spacer Kit
11. Jackchit — Black UB + Spacer Kit
12. marsh1665 (Audizine) — Black UBQ
13. jpro75 — Black UB
14. DesertRS4 (Audizine) — Red UBQ
15. RedNation89 (Audizine) — Red UBQ
16. dcgolfdr — Black UBQ (Audizine)
17. Universal_Remonster — Black UBQ (Audizine)
18. eacer — Red UB
19. HeloHarmonics — Black UB
20. reyoasian (Audizine) — Black UBQ
21. Locke — Black UB
22. AccelaSX — Black UBxlr
23. Erick666 — Red UB + Red RB

Last edited:

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
Just out of curiosity Bruce. Do you plan on making a rb for the mk7 as well? Don't know if it is similar to the mk6. I ask because I plan to get an mk7 this year and would love to get an xb and rb combo next year.

GTItraveler

Ready to race!
Trnado 2.5: When I looked at the exhaust routing it seemed like a RB would not be possible for the Mk7. I won't say never, but at this time I don't think so. Bruce

GTItraveler

Ready to race!
OK Guys, we are at 20 units, 2/3 of the way there!. I will start collecting Paypal in a couple more orders.

To speed this up please pass this information on to your friends on other forums and in whatever club you may belong to. These are ready to ship and will start as soon as we reach 30 units. Bruce

Last edited:

ilimit

Ready to race!
Anybody here running a 42 draft designs downpipe for the R? I'm really interested but not sure if it will fit the uB.

GTItraveler

Ready to race!
ilimit: I would recommend posting a question in the general Golf R forums. I can't recall if there are any issues with the 42DD downpipe with the Golf R. I think there may be a problem with the downpipe flange conflicting with the UB since the pipe is not centered in the exhaust tunnel. Bruce

GTItraveler

Ready to race!
OK Guys, we are at 23 units, just over 2/3 of the way there!. I will start collecting Paypal in a couple more orders.

Last edited:

StormTroopARR

Anybody here running a 42 draft designs downpipe for the R? I'm really interested but not sure if it will fit the uB.

I have 42DD's DP with V-Band connectors, it does not fit with the regular UB (even with spacers)... Getting the UBxlr to see if that will work with my downpipe. *crossing fingers*

GTItraveler

Ready to race!
OK Guys, we are at 24 units, getting there!. I will start collecting Paypal shortly. When you get your Paypal invoice please send payment directly so we can start shipping ASAP.

marsh1665

Ready to race!
can't wait to see how it compliments the S3!

GTItraveler

Ready to race!
OK Guys, we are at 26 units. I will start collecting Paypal today. When you get your Paypal invoice please send payment directly so we can start shipping ASAP. Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.