GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 G Street Nationals Dashboard

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
"Use of alternate OEM ESC/TC modes are permitted so long as the alternate OEM modes are accessible though menus (e.g. "dyno mode"), driver-control inputs (e.g. button/pedal press sequences), or coding using an OBD tool (e.g. "VAG-COM"). Manufacturer authorized, vehicle-specific OEM ESC/TC software upgrades / updates are allowed; non-OEM modification of tables/algorithms/parameters is specifically prohibited. Modifications may serve no other purpose. Any OBD codes or error lights resulting from allowed ESC/TC modifications are permitted."
https://www.scca.com/downloads/57475-2021-scca-solo-august-fastrack/download

As things relevant to the GTI's interest here, these are the new proposed wording for the ESC rules.

The interesting point apparently also is that this would potentially also allow for coding changes to VAQ parameter, since it would be consider as part of the ESC routing and also as vehicle specific OEM Software upgrades...

I wonder how things are implemented in MK8 but maybe this takes some of the hesitancy to VW out of street classes...

bfury5

Autocross Champion

As things relevant to the GTI's interest here, these are the new proposed wording for the ESC rules.

The interesting point apparently also is that this would potentially also allow for coding changes to VAQ parameter, since it would be consider as part of the ESC routing and also as vehicle specific OEM Software upgrades...

I wonder how things are implemented in MK8 but maybe this takes some of the hesitancy to VW out of street classes...
This is definitely promising. So much of what I personally disliked about the car in street class was fixed when I disabled all of the ESC items for STH. Here's hoping it goes through

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG

The STH language is specific about allowing diff tuning, so with this language, I don't think it (VAQ tuning) will be allowed.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
The way SEB/SAC views eLSD type cal is they consider it as related to ESC/TC programming. This is from my discussion with a current SAC member. I think this is actually in the wording elsewhere in the rule as well.

JackRabbitSLIM

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
In section 12 active differentials are explicitly defined as part of ESC/TC.

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG

JackRabbitSLIM

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
BTW, the GS winner at Toledo Pro had PS4s on the rear of his car, so that must be the fastest setup everrrr.

theDoktor

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I know they're known to be kinda fragile, but I'm disappointed that the original clutch is nearly gone on my Mk. 7 G Street GTI about the same time that the first set of front RE71's wore out. I've got a very long history of being easy on clutches- I sold my Mk. 1with over 225K miles on it that included several years of heavy autocross use with the original clutch still going strong, so this early replacement is not sitting well.
I plan to still compete in Solo, hopefully getting to Nationals next year, so what the replacement clutch might be is definitely a consideration. What do my fellow Mk. 7 drivers recommend as a replacement that might have a longer life? Feel free to PM me if you prefer.