GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

-3.0* camber too much for daily?

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Quick question, do you have any pics of how the rear bushes were oriented in your TTRS arms?
dead center with very small voids

edit: now go to sleep! :)

Attachments

• lca.jpg
    lca.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 135

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Sleep is for the weak. I also noticed you have the BJs mounted beneath the control arm vs above (like it is on the TT), any particular reason?
it is mounted above the control arm and part #4 is inserted through the ball joint mounting plate from above.

iirc the ball of the tt ball joint sits a little lower relative to its mounting plate, but it's been awhile so not sure. I'm thinking they compensated a little to make up the difference between thickness of aluminum lca vs stamped steel GTI LCA.

I made the comment about the shim as I have minimal wheel clearance for part #4 (15" wheels), so flipping part #4 would help with that, or help with some other lca / ball joint mod (for me, normal folks don't run 15" wheels :D )

EVILAUDI

Ready to race!
Quick question, do you have any pics of how the rear bushes were oriented in your TTRS arms?
What are you looking for here as I can shoot you pics of whatever.

As for the OP's question I run -3* with no unusual side effects. It just took a bunch of massaging to get the chassis to allow that much camber.

burgerkong

Drag Racing Champion
Reactions: q74

Malttv5

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 mk7 R , 2015 Po
I'm glad I came across this thread ,but its opened up more questions for which are off topic .
I bought a pair of Hardrace LCA's and they look identical to the original Audi TT 8S arms without any AUDI markings .They have solid rubber bushings .As an options you can get them with Pillow Ball bushings
IMG20210421103844 - Copy.jpg
Cheers
Mal

EVILAUDI

Ready to race!
Here is a picture of the Verkline subframe with OEM TTRS 8S LCAs.

Malttv5

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 mk7 R , 2015 Po
If I had the new LCA's first I would of got the Verkline subframe ,originally I was going to get the Superpro LCA 's . I did end up with the Verkline rear trailing arms .

burgerkong

Drag Racing Champion
I'm glad I came across this thread ,but its opened up more questions for which are off topic .
I bought a pair of Hardrace LCA's and they look identical to the original Audi TT 8S arms without any AUDI markings .They have solid rubber bushings .As an options you can get them with Pillow Ball bushings
View attachment 211241 Cheers
Mal

Did you install that onto a Golf R/GTI?

Mine are rubber but fairly stiff. Most people upgrade to the JBX bushings. I am running the JBX rear trailing arm bushings but haven't done the front LCA yet.
https://www.jxbperformance.com/prod...ont-lower-control-arm-bushing-upgrade-a3-golf

I've been talking to him on and off, we were trying to figure out if offset sphericals were possible in the front location for the lower control arm. Powerflex has this camber adjustable bushing, but we couldn't get the sphericals to fit and still have camber adjustment.

Malttv5

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 mk7 R , 2015 Po
Did you install that onto a Golf R/GTI?
Hi bk
I'll be installing them on a Golf R . I've sent an email off to Hardrace asking a few tech question's about their LCA's .
The R's fitted with MCA Suspension coilovers ,wheel arches @10+ mm above the tyres and standed wheel & tyre size in Australia on the R ,19x8 with 235/35r19 .

Cheers
Mal

Last edited:

burgerkong

Drag Racing Champion
Hi bk
I'll be installing them on a Golf R . I've sent an email off to Hardrace asking a few tech question's about their LCA's .
The R's fitted with MCA Suspension coilovers ,wheel arches @10+ mm above the tyres and standed wheel & tyre size in Australia on the R ,19x8 with 235/35r19 .

Cheers
Mal

Thanks man. Reason I ask is because TT balljoints are designed to mount underneath the balljoint, whereas R/S3/GTI/RS3 is above the balljoint. Hardrace pre-installed the balljoints on top, but you can see the cross hashing on the mounting flange that's supposed to bite into the bottom of the arm, instead of the retaining plate. See Jeff's post up top (https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/3-0-camber-too-much-for-daily.383596/post-7632668).