GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

42DD TBE Review

dennybak

Ready to race!
Sorry guys no pictures but here it goes.

Overall the quality if very good. I opted to get the ceramic coat although i live in CA. People were right bout this flange setup, it really is a biznatch to bolt up. You really need to bolt it up prior to hanging the system. Overall im really satisfied with the sound of the exhaust. I personally like loud exhausts, so it may be subjective.

Last edited:

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
whats the ceramic coating all about?
what other options did you get? for example 2.5 or 3 inch, resonator, race or street exhaust.

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
whats the ceramic coating all about?
what other options did you get? for example 2.5 or 3 inch, resonator, race or street exhaust.

The ceramic coating is because the 42dd exhausts are mild steel and not stainless. Ceramic coat allows them to hold up without rust, for how long I don't know though?

I'm interested to see if any other people have had fitiment issues with this set up. This was number 1 on my list but I dont want any issues with fit or finish.

JP

P

plac

People were right bout this flange setup, it really is a biznatch to bolt up. You really need to bolt it up prior to hanging the system.

just wait until you have to remove the bolts.. they will almost strip and freeze up when you try to unbolt them.

dennybak

Ready to race!
JP, if you get the exhaust youll love it. The fitment issues is most likely a one off thing, since all exhaust are made to order. John and the staff are taking care of the issue and trying to figure out a solution to my problem.

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
well they are in MD so worst case I could drive up and have them install it there IOT ensure proper fit.

JP