GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

$49k Used Golf-R

TheMKVI

Go Kart Champion
Lol $3/4K for this...

$49K for a used Golf or $51K for new C7 Corvette? hmmm....

Last edited:

Halvie

WOOSA
Lol $3/4K for this...

$49K for a Golf or $51K for new C7 corvette? hmmm....

You could pretty much say that for any German car ever.

Oh sic 100k optioned out cayman bruv...

And since corvette has been mentioned a couple of times...

Aren't we a barrel of dumb fucks when we could have spent less and gotten a 5.0.

Halvie

WOOSA
Really? My new GTI was $23.5k, the cheapest new 5.0 I could find was over $30k. That is a solid 30% more last I checked.

The dudes paying 28-32k for a gti. Just as dumb as buying this imo.

I think they are a good value in base trim.

Guys on vortex are apparently getting 2014 5.0 for under 28k.

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
The dudes paying 28-32k for a gti. Just as dumb as buying this imo.

I think they are a good value in base trim.

Guys on vortex are apparently getting 2014 5.0 for under 28k.

I think it just depends on what you value. I love leather interiors and love KESSY so I had no problem paying for them. To me the extra cost wasn't dumb, to some they may see it as a waste. You can't just say well I paid a few thousand less so I got the better deal. The best deal should just be determined on the amount you get off sticker AFTER you have accounted for all the goodies you want/find value in having.

Halvie

WOOSA
I think it just depends on what you value. I love leather interiors and love KESSY so I had no problem paying for them. To me the extra cost wasn't dumb, to some they may see it as a waste. You can't just say well I paid a few thousand less so I got the better deal. The best deal should just be determined on the amount you get off sticker AFTER you have accounted for all the goodies you want/find value in having.

No kidding. Which is why I don't get all the threads on this particular car.

If the car you are set on having is a "fast" golf you really don't have many options, and it isn't going to be cheap. Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone here.

If you don't care and just want a fast car, there are certainly better options than anything VW has to offer.

Like you said, it just depends on what you want/value.

Not saying the price on that car is a good deal or anything.

Last edited:

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
No kidding. Which is why I don't get all the threads on this particular car.

well I think there definitely is a point where someone is just asking a ridiculous number where only someone who is delusional would think it's worth it. This car for example, you could buy a new R and install all those parts and probably spend less then 50k.

Halvie

WOOSA
well I think there definitely is a point where someone is just asking a ridiculous number where only someone who is delusional would think it's worth it. This car for example, you could buy a new R and install all those parts and probably spend less then 50k.

I guess I just don't think very much of dealerships :D Would expect them to put it up at around that price initially. I can't get a local dealership to come down lower than 31.8k for a 2012 base 2-door r.

Bender1

Banned
I guess I just don't think very much of dealerships :D Would expect them to put it up at around that price initially. I can't get a local dealership to come down lower than 31.8k for a 2012 base 2-door r.

I just put an offer in for one that I thought was very reasonable but they all seem to be over valuing the market. Same thing happened with MK5 R32s...

Mk6Mario

Passed Driver's Ed
I would never buy this car lol....maybe for less then 30k, but still.....i wouldn't even for a fair price just because it has so many mods in it....i would rather buy a stock R and then tune it and modify it the way i want it...i would understand people wanting to get the car for 30k and then taking all the parts in it and selling them making a huge profit, but to me buying a already modified cars is a waste especially when they are really modded like this one...