GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A few new owner MFD questions...

1FUN GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all. I have had my GTI for 4 days now...love it! I am going to list a few things I cannot figure out in the hopes that you can shed some light on them for me.

1) Anytime I drive, exit the car, then go to open the rear doors from the outside, they are always locked. I must unlock them with the key fob.
2) I have been messing with the MFD Convenience Menu. I have read the manual, but cannot figure out what the Door Open > Manual & Automatic functions do. I switched selections but saw no changes. (I thought this may have been my locking problem in question 1)
3) Also in the MFD Convenience Menu, what does the Windows Op do. Changed those settings too, but again saw no change.

Appreciate any input you can offer. Thanks! :confused:

archetypaul

Passed Driver's Ed
For the locks, I'm pretty sure there is a way to make ALL doors un/lock when you hit the button once, as opposed to once for the driver and a 2nd time for the rest. Whether this would unlock them when you exit the car as well i don't know. If you do end up finding a solution i'd be interested to. I can't remember if it was a VAG-COM thing or if there was another way to do it.

kram125

You were correct about #2. If you select automatic, all doors will automatically unlock when you remove the key from ignition.
The window op. is to control which windows roll down with what used to be the outside keyhole feature of rolling the windows up and down. You can still do it by just holding up or down the driver window lever.

tzd

Ready to race!
All your locks are activated when you drive off; when you pull the lever to exit, you are only unlocking your own door. If you press the Unlock button next to the door lever before exiting, it will unlock all doors as well as the hatch.

1FUN GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
If you press the Unlock button next to the door lever before exiting, it will unlock all doors as well as the hatch.

Thanks for your response. Do you know of any way to get all doors, including the hatch, to unlock upon removing the key (without having to hit the unlock button)?

tomsgolf

Sorry to sound a bit dumb guys but how do i access the convenience settings, want to change lock settings, travel settings (lights for abroad), etc, can't seem to find what to push and when?? any ideas??

Dana @ Ross-Tech

Ready to race!
Sorry to sound a bit dumb guys but how do i access the convenience settings, want to change lock settings, travel settings (lights for abroad), etc, can't seem to find what to push and when?? any ideas??

If you are looking to change coding, the 09 module has replaced the 46 module found in the previous generations. The tweaks listed here should apply: VCDS MKVI / MK6 Platform, Handy Coding tweaks

If you want to enable Tourist / Travel Mode like this: my Gti example, the coding of 55, or adaptation values will need to be changed. Registered Ross-Tech customers can contact us directly for assistance with that.

krm

I just figured this out. It may help you if you are wondering why the settings do not apply after set.

When your settings -for instance -, door auto lock = ON , that means car will lock doors auto, and your manual button on the door won't work! This literraly tells the car to not listen to the manual button on door, door locking is handled only by automation.
Same applies to door auto unlock =ON, doors will unlock automatically, and your manual button will have no effect on unlocking(of course door handle does).

One more importance: whenever you set new value for these settings, the car needs to be RESTARTED for the changes takes effect ! This was causing a lot of confusing to me, I changed settings, but it seemed nothing did change. BUT if you change settings->turn off engine-> remove key, wait a bit, then on next when you provide key and turn on ignition, the changes will be in effect.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,