GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aborted- safety reasons VCDS

Mr Hatt

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk 7 GTI pp
Hi everyone I decided to go the IS38 route with my Mk7 GTI pp and as far as install of parts went, all was smooth sailing, IHI IS38 complete, mahoosive intercooler, De-Cat downpipe and stage 2.5 map from Mountune, once the turbo was fitted we altered the wastegate actuation nut to gain a voltage between 3.3v and 3.9v, using VCDS we monitored live changes and achieved 3.59v pretty easily, problem comes when you go for adaption or acceptance from the car and it kept aborting for safety reasons, some say this needs to be done running so finished installation of parts, took a slow trip around the block for 20 mins and tried again, still aborting, so far we have not been able to get the adaption done even after making adjustments for a lower or higher voltage (that was fun with the exhaust on and some welders full length gloves) Has anyone had this problem and solved it ?? If so How? this is so frustrating and when we tried giving it a proper caning it over-boosted and limited injectors at high revs, we have tried the old IS20 actuator that we took off with old turbo and now gone back to the Mahle IS38 one but all results the same any feedback will help thanks and regards Steve

Amarna

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf R MK7.5
Hi everyone I decided to go the IS38 route with my Mk7 GTI pp and as far as install of parts went, all was smooth sailing, IHI IS38 complete, mahoosive intercooler, De-Cat downpipe and stage 2.5 map from Mountune, once the turbo was fitted we altered the wastegate actuation nut to gain a voltage between 3.3v and 3.9v, using VCDS we monitored live changes and achieved 3.59v pretty easily, problem comes when you go for adaption or acceptance from the car and it kept aborting for safety reasons, some say this needs to be done running so finished installation of parts, took a slow trip around the block for 20 mins and tried again, still aborting, so far we have not been able to get the adaption done even after making adjustments for a lower or higher voltage (that was fun with the exhaust on and some welders full length gloves) Has anyone had this problem and solved it ?? If so How? this is so frustrating and when we tried giving it a proper caning it over-boosted and limited injectors at high revs, we have tried the old IS20 actuator that we took off with old turbo and now gone back to the Mahle IS38 one but all results the same any feedback will help thanks and regards Steve

I had this problem also, what i found when doing it was that when i logged the voltage via vcds with ignition on it showed one number, when i then started the engine i got another voltage.
Maybe i did something wrong but i went adjusting and got a feel for it so the voltage was right with engine running and had no problem with adapting.

Mr Hatt

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk 7 GTI pp
So pretty much bang in the middle like us, we are 3.59, is it really that sensitive that I have to get my welders gloves on again

aysmen

Car(s)
Audi A3
Hello how i fix it the Error "Aborted For Saftety Reason" for the initial adaptation of turbocharger actuator?I have the same issue , i try to do the basic setings on a IS12 , i heard the noise of moving but the end same "Aborted for safety reason".
The voltage it was adjusted on ~3.67 V but i try do do Basic Setings also with the Voltage value Between 3.4 V until 4.4 and the same error.
I don't have any errors and it seems the car drives normally.
I try also to do from Basic Setings the "position check of end stop of charge air pressure actuator" and after many testing was completed with succes.

tigeo

Autocross Champion

aysmen

Car(s)
Audi A3
i saw this movie...i did like here....but the same, aborted for safety reasons..Car is drive normal, no error code.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
i saw this movie...i did like here....but the same, aborted for safety reasons..Car is drive normal, no error code.
From what I'm reading folks aren't adjusting the 12/20 correctly and are using the 38 method.