GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

aerodynamics?

Thumper

Autocross Champion
On both sides of the rear window they fitted some 'spoilers' similar all Sciroccos come with from factory:

Those are great, should make a decent impact on the turbulence coming off the side.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Very true...I just posted those links to help...ECS tends to be on the very high side of pricing...but, nice to know we can get them in the US :)

Don't get me wrong. Kind of you to post the links as it's the only source for the rear axle cover in the US. :thumbsup:

Besides the big spoiler shown above, are there spoilers for the Golf that help keep limit the drag and keep the rear window cleaner?

If you fit a more efficient roof spoiler your rear window will get even dirtier.
Try the rear axle cover. The benefit will be small but it won't harm window cleanliess at all.

;)

I know the DieselGeek metal cover, but it's overdone if you don't go offroad.:D

valeoray

Ready to race!
I thought there are spoilers that direct the flow of air down the window, thereby protecting its cleanliness with a constant layer of air.

TrogdorsWraith

Ready to race!
Well our "spoiler" is just an insert someone has to make a more useful one..? Too bad the Rs is basically the same size. And yes the dieselgeek is overkill....still want one though :)

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Why going for a heavy offroad undercarriage just for aerodynamics if there's OEM stuff
for less than a quarter?

I thought there are spoilers that direct the flow of air down the window, thereby protecting its cleanliness with a constant layer of air.

If a roof spoiler directs flow down to the window if will increase both drag and lift as well.
So not a good idea for a fast car imho.

If anybody wants to fit the A3 rear trailing arm covers (ECS):

cover left trailing arm: 1K0 511 539 E 5,30 € (compare to ECS) :mad:
cover right trailing arm: 1K0 511 540 C 6,66 €

4 spreader rivets: 8E0 825 267 0,44 €

2 brackets: 1K0 609 734 C 1,66 € (for emergency brake lines)
2 bolts: N 102 854 02 0,42 €

all OEM parts (german):

http://www.iroc-forum.de/showthread.php?tid=12563

installation guide (german):

http://www.golfvigti.com/attachment_processor.php?mode=download_file&id=1485

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Why going for a heavy offroad undercarriage just for aerodynamics if there's OEM stuff
for less than a quarter?

Not only that, but if the goal is fuel economy then strapping a 50 pound hunk of steel onto the car is NOT the way to go :D

Google translate plugin for Firefox works great on these foreign posts. :D But how easy is it to order from those places and after international shipping, I wonder if ECS will end up being the same cost anyway. Overall the price isn't that bad it's just that you need 4-5 pieces....

Link

Ready to race!
keeping my finger on the pulse of this thread but deciding whether to get this or P3 boost gauge. Decisions, decisions :confused:

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Get it all. :D

Link

Ready to race!
I'm trying to decide between p3 and the torque app on my phone + under body stuff :iono:

Not to :threadjacked:, but in case you weren't aware, there's a group-buy sponsored by redline that's going on for the P3 indicator that ends this month. I think I'm going to go ahead and grab the gauge for now since I've longed for a boost indicator for some time now and it's a really simple install.

Link

Ready to race!

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Not to :threadjacked:, but in case you weren't aware, there's a group-buy sponsored by redline that's going on for the P3 indicator that ends this month.

Here it is.

P3 Boost Gauge Group Buy

Thought about it myself, but I don't like the look of the vent mounts, and I am old (36) so I like needles and gauges. :D