GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Air Ride Suspension Thread

OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
I dont have my notch yet :mad0259: so im just trying to get a good idea. I want to have it something like this:

#3 all the way up
#2 probably my 24.5'' all the way around...for unfamiliar roads and such.
#1 pretty much as low as I can go without rubbing while turning...

I tried to go to 24.0 but the back right was pretty much empty when I was making both sides the same...I think thats because I dont have the notch yet.

Did you remove your rear shock bump stops?

-Dose

TheOctane

Ready to race!

palma

Ready to race!
No they are still there

Cut them out! Look a few pages back at my pics. The first one of the rear is with the bumpstops cut in half. This kept the rear up so high. Then I just took them completely out, car was on the ground!

shiz1125

Ready to race!
just picked up my baby from getting bags... i'm in love all over again. no plans for wheels for a while i love it dumped on detroits

MKV-nOoB

Ready to race!
So...question..I have the performance fronts on my mk6. Bodies are threaded up to make them as short as possible but when I air out passenger side sits at 21 1/4" FTG and the driver is 31 5/8"FTG any way I can get them to even out?

I have:
No sway bar
Notch

Anything else that could be holding up the driver side?

sent from your sister's room using Tapatalk 2

palma

Ready to race!
10" higher on the driver side? Haha this had to be a typo.

I need to roll my fenders. I'm getting some rubbing with my 18x8 et45 wheels. :(

MKV-nOoB

Ready to race!

I need to roll my fenders. I'm getting some rubbing with my 18x8 et45 wheels. :(

Lol wow!! Yes it was. I meant 21 5/8"

Walking around at work hiding from the supervisor and typing this isn't easy haha

TheOctane

Ready to race!
just picked up my baby from getting bags... i'm in love all over again. no plans for wheels for a while i love it dumped on detroits

looks good...be careful with those mudguards...if you are on an uneven surface you risk jacking up a fender.

OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!

What size tires are you running? Did you remove the fender screw, pull the plastic clamp out and push the metal up in the fronts?

So...question..I have the performance fronts on my mk6. Bodies are threaded up to make them as short as possible but when I air out passenger side sits at 21 1/4" FTG and the driver is 31 5/8"FTG any way I can get them to even out?

I have:
No sway bar
Notch

Anything else that could be holding up the driver side?

Check a few things:

Make sure tire pressure is even all around.

Check to make sure your fender liners aren't resting in tire. If you have less camber on one side it can push up on fender or liner holding up vehicle.

Check the clamps that hold front strut, are they exactly the same? Being off by 3mm at the strut clamp can articulate and be 6mm at the fender for example.

Also, is your turbo outlet resting on your axle? Mine does and I'd assume this causes the height diff also.

-Dose

Last edited:

palma

Ready to race!
What size tires are you running? Did you remove the fender screw, pull the plastic clamp out and push the metal up in the fronts?

I am running 225/40/18. I did pull the screw out along with the piece the screw "screws" into. I then tucked the fender plastic above the fender tab and Bent the fender up some. Still get rubbing. Not sure where it's hitting though.

shiz1125

Ready to race!
looks good...be careful with those mudguards...if you are on an uneven surface you risk jacking up a fender.

yeah the front were def on the ground and pulling away from the fender but i like the look of them.. last night i pulled the fronts off and trimmed like an inch of them now they don't touch when laid out