GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Always loved the GTI, now looking to finally get one.

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Hey guys, my name is Alex and I have always loved the VW culture and have been following the trends the VW guys lay forth. I was actually looking to get a MK5 but then saw the concept MK6 and decided to wait, so this summer Im looking to finally make my dreams come true.

What Im looking for is:
Carbon Steel Gray Metallic
DSG Transmission
Probly 17" (but if the 18" Detroits only come out to be 750 and not 1500 like my dealer said I would take the 18")
Bi-xenon headlights
Carpet floor kit
Cargo Organizer

I went to get an estimate and the guy quotes me that all of this is 29k and his current deal was 1.9%, 60months, $402 a month with 10k down.

I know this is just an estimate but Im wondering at some of the similar deals you guys got, maybe you guys could recommend a dealer you encountered?

tzd

Ready to race!
Try truecar.com , I used it when I bought my base Golf and the deal I got was somewhere in between TrueCost and Factory Invoice, which is pretty good.

Cybe

GolfMK5 Graduate
You can pull that for 26.

My approach was "I want DSG and Xenon, anything else (even number of doors) is irrelevant."

NEOHMark

Ready to race!
Also try Zag.com and build it with your chosen options. You'll get three numbers - MSRP, invoice, and a purchase price through a Zag.com dealer located near you. Most of the deals I saw on Zag.com were around invoice - plus/minus maybe a hundred or two.

To know what kind of deal you've been offered, we really need to know a little more - MSRP at minimum. Whether it's a 2-dr or 4-dr makes a big difference in price too.

Forget tax, doc fees, licensing, etc. 'Out the door' is meaningless because not everyone pays the same fees across the country. Only thing that matters is MSRP, model/equipment, and selling price.

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
I was looking at a two door, but my trip was mainly out of an estimate/curiosity.
When I did it on the build online it came out to 26k-ish, but he said 29 but since I was just asking out of curiosity I didnt press the matter at all.

He also said that he was a "private" dealer or something, so he can extend my finance time to 66 months at 2.9% $378.

Anybody around the tri state area have a good dealership they might recommend?

MK6 DSWEEE

Ready to race!
try capital city vw , or neemer vw thats where my cars in the past have been form
nothing but friendly people, i have a fully loaded gti and i pay 400 even a month 60 months

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
try capital city vw , or neemer vw thats where my cars in the past have been form
nothing but friendly people, i have a fully loaded gti and i pay 400 even a month 60 months

Would you mind telling me how much you put down and what %?

Thanks for any and all feedback.

Jerz

Ready to race!
Check out Cherry Hill Imports, 2.58% for 72 months. Payment will be around 400-415 with no money down.

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Found a great deal, everything I want + sunroof, for 280ish, still might negotiate.

FaRcAuNrKa

I went to get an estimate and the guy quotes me that all of this is 29k and his current deal was 1.9%, 60months, $402 a month with 10k down.

The Math isn't adding up correctly here. If your financing 19K for 60 months @ 1.9% the monthly amount should be around $332.

$402 is for about 23K financing. Sounds like they're giving you the run around.

JhnR

Banned
shitty deal. move along. try better.

do not pay more for the invoice if you can. lots of members didnt =)

Boo1

Ready to race!
Got mine for what was considered a great price on True Car. I'm a huge fan of doing the negotiations through email. Its a million times better than sitting in a dealership going through the tired old games some of them still play.

BTW, my dealership/sales experience has been excellent. I've actually had fun buying this car.