GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Annoying AF rattle under left side of dash *Video*

SoCalLowLife6

Annoying AF rattle under drivers side dash 2011 VW GTI. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is causing the rattle! I can’t reproduce the rattle by hand when the car is stationary and it’s damn near impossible to find the rattle while I’m driving the car! It’s like a plastic rattling noise. I put my phone under the steering wheel so the rattle can be heard! Please anyone help me out if you’ve also are or had experienced this rattle! And yes I have browsed the stickied rattle thread! Can’t find someone with the similar rattle or I just didn’t look hard enough.

SoCalLowLife6

Well it seems that I figured it out. Does VW use zip ties from the factory by any chance? lol I highly doubt they do. So the previous owner must of done something under the drivers side dash. Also, it seems that a cover under the drivers side dash is missing. I can see bolt holes that are vacant. Was there supposed to be a panel to cover the underside of the dash? The a/c ducting for your feet is all exposed. I’ve read on other threads that the euro spec cars had the cover but we do not in the US?