GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another awesome Suby Ad

trevor

Southeast Forum Dictator

:laugh:

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
I got to say I hate ads like that... It reinforce the US need for straight line speed over handling... I'd rather see an ad saying we went xx.xxmins around the Nurburgring...

I'd rather have a better handling slower car than the other way around...

Please don't take this as raging on Subaru its not (I have a lot of respect for them) and but this kind of advertising is usually reserved to talentless domestic muscle cars...

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Vivid said:
I got to say I hate ads like that... It reinforce the US need for straight line speed over handling... I'd rather see an ad saying we went xx.xxmins around the Nurburgring...

Please don't take this as raging on Subaru its not (I have a lot of respect for them) and but this kind of advertising is usually reserved to talentless domestic muscle cars...
Yeah, but it's also the type of add campaign that VW runs with the GTI. Who cares, it's the companies advertising experts jobs to try and lure buyers in.:iono:

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
kirk180 said:
Yeah, but it's also the type of add campaign that VW runs with the GTI. Who cares, it's the companies advertising experts jobs to try and lure buyers in.:iono:

VW runs ads like that? Never seen that and would lose respect for VW if they did it too... I know they are trying to lure buyers but this kind of ad turns me off...

Let me ask a qu... eventhough this Subaru is quicker than a 350z which would you have more fun driving??

Wargen023

Autocross Newbie
I think its a crappy car and a crappy ad. I think it just sounds bad when they relate to other cars in a irrelevant way, its kind of disrespectful. If they would concentrate on their own product it might not have been crap from the past. :thumbdown:

zerogt86

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Wargen023 said:
I think its a crappy car and a crappy ad. I think it just sounds bad when they relate to other cars in a irrelevant way, its kind of disrespectful. If they would concentrate on their own product it might not have been crap from the past. :thumbdown:

x2

Jibbly

Level 50 Ninja Pirate
I think it's a great ad!

Vivid said:

I disagree entirely. Every car company talks about the 0-60 speed. Plus, if this is an AWD truck that's faster than a RWD car, it'll handle pretty close to, if not better than the 350z. You can't go quoting numbers around race tracks, especially not something like the Nurburgring. It'll be completely different depending on the driver. If Sabine Schmitz is driving, she'll do it faster than if you or I are doing. If she can go around in almost 10 minutes in a Ford Transit, she'd go a whole lot faster in a truck like this, while you or I would not be able to do the same. It's not like 0-60. Anyone can drive an automatic car to 60 just like the next person.

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
Jibbly said:
I disagree entirely. Every car company talks about the 0-60 speed. Plus, if this is an AWD truck that's faster than a RWD car, it'll handle pretty close to, if not better than the 350z.

Sorry dude, but which part do you want me to rip you apart on first?

1. 350Zs 0-60 times average 5.4, some have it quicker and some slower... is that really smoked by a 5.3... P.S. is the Subaru's 5.3 0-60 with the additional weight of the family of five and a dog??? very doubtful it will be with an empty tank and one driver...

You can't go quoting numbers around race tracks, especially not something like the Nurburgring. It'll be completely different depending on the driver. If Sabine Schmitz is driving, she'll do it faster than if you or I are doing. If she can go around in almost 10 minutes in a Ford Transit, she'd go a whole lot faster in a truck like this, while you or I would not be able to do the same. It's not like 0-60.

2. you put the same driver in each car on a track and I guarantee that the 350z smokes the Subaru by a massive margin not 0.1 of a second.

3. You either no nothing about the Nurburgring, which I doubt because you know about Sabine, but every performance car is judged on how quick it goes round it, I bet Nissan has a time for it... Obviously you would need professional drivers driving each car, and its just stupid to suggest otherwise.

Anyone can drive an automatic car to 60 just like the next person.

4. Although in an automatic anyone can get a 0-60 time there are significant difference depending on ambient temp, track temp, altitude, humidity... Also you don't get the best 0-60 time with an automatic so driver has something to do with it also...

I tired of writing now but please think before writing...

kthxbye

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
I think there are many people on this forum who would tell you that the VW campaign is tasteless. As a matter of fact, I've seen it said on this same forum. They show other automobiles getting crushed by the GTI in a crate and claim "unpimp your auto"? Then they use a little "fast" to sell a car that already has history to the enthusiast? If you don't think VW is doing the same thing then you need to pull the wool from off your eyes. They are luring buyers in with commercials that try to convince you that there car is better then all the rest. That's what they all do. I think there are some Subie haters on this board (which is fine) so therefore people bitch about all there adds. Right now, that just happens to be the kind of add campaign that Subie is going with. Most auto makers have little themes they stick to for a while. But come on guys, in reality VW has some of the most immature/gimmick adds of all time going on right now. I don't hate them either. I just think it's funny how people bitch about other adds. Quit looking at a badge and then letting it base all your opinions from there on out.

x2 I'm with you Jibbly:thumbsup:

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
kirk180 said:
I think there are many people on this forum who would tell you that the VW campaign is tasteless. As a matter of fact, I've seen it said on this same forum. They show other automobiles getting crushed by the GTI in a crate and claim "unpimp your auto"? Then they use a little "fast" to sell a car that already has history to the enthusiast? If you don't think VW is doing the same thing then you need to pull the wool from off your eyes. They are luring buyers in with commercials that try to convince you that there car is better then all the rest. That's what they all do. I think there are some Subie haters on this board (which is fine) so therefore people bitch about all there adds. Right now, that just happens to be the kind of add campaign that Subie is going with. Most auto makers have little themes they stick to for a while. But come on guys, in reality VW has some of the most immature/gimmick adds of all time going on right now. I don't hate them either. I just think it's funny how people bitch about other adds. Quit looking at a badge and then letting it base all your opinions from there on out.

x2 I'm with you Jibbly:thumbsup:

The unpimp your auto ads were kinda cheesy, however the listen to your fast ones were witty and cool. VW has alway's been thought of as an alternative type of car company, and has always had weird advertising "FARFEGNUGEN" ring a bell. This new ad campaign by them is not a stretch. Subaru on the other hand needs to stick to advertising to yuppie mountain bikers, and hippie chicks looking to haul around there conga drums. The WRX is the only car Subaru should be advertising as a performance vehicle, and even then it should be marketed using there rally sucess, because that car is ugly on the street.

:headbang: