GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

another dead gti

Aigoo

Ready to race!
A tuner that knows how to treat their customer right!

::EDIT:: Long story short, my tuner is covering everything at no cost to me :D Thanks to everyone who contributed in this thread, and i'm glad to say i think i'll be ok from now on :D

copy pasta from my post on the tex

Happened driving home from work today. in the middle of a busy road =/ in anycase i was just driving uphill when the check engine light came on and the car had no power what so ever. engine starts with hesitation, and then dies shortly thereafter.

possibly related to ecu flash? just trying to get some opinions. taking it into the dealer tomorrow.

Last edited:

Aigoo

Ready to race!
not trying to start a shitstorm so i'll keep my tuner out if it for now hahaha.

just out of curiosity, if the ECU was dead how others have been reporting, then my car wouldn't even start in the first place, correct?

at least mines start, albeit hesitantly and it sputters to death within seconds lol

Erwan1

Go Kart Champion
not trying to start a shitstorm so i'll keep my tuner out if it for now hahaha.

just out of curiosity, if the ECU was dead how others have been reporting, then my car wouldn't even start in the first place, correct?

at least mines start, albeit hesitantly and it sputters to death within seconds lol

Yes most likely not the ECU. Let us know what the dealership says tomorrow.

lalalaprise

Ready to race!
If it starts, I doubt it is the ECU...usually when they implode, the cars wont start...

lalalaprise

Ready to race!
Maybe its a fuel delivery issue?? Since you said the car turns on but has zero power...not sure.

Aigoo

Ready to race!
Maybe its a fuel delivery issue?? Since you said the car turns on but has zero power...not sure.

yah i'm thinking ignition/fuel somehow. idk what would cause it. i just started driving the uphill part so i started to give it more gas, just about hitting a little boost i'd imagine, when the poop hit the fan. Wish i had vagcom lol. maybe i'll put off buying ledtails and get one =/

any tuners want to chime in? :p

Upload video of it. And also try giving it a little gas while turning the key. Feather the throttle.

Aigoo

Ready to race!
Upload video of it. And also try giving it a little gas while turning the key. Feather the throttle.

tried that. car still starts, revs but really terribly. once i let it go it dies.

My car died last year with 7,500 mi on it. Had to have it towed to dealership. Clogged injectors.

if it's that simple i dont mind, well, actually i kind of mind because how can injectors fail so fast haha. 11250 miles here :(

aditya369us

Ready to race!
i think i remember readin that it was regarding a camshaft sensor and something called a "camshaft celluloid " .... but dont remember where i read that !!!! so dont quote me ;-)

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
if it's that simple i dont mind, well, actually i kind of mind because how can injectors fail so fast haha. 11250 miles here :(

Yeah, I know. Dealership had no explaiation. Told me not to use cheap gas. Bullshit.

Mine was misfiring on cyl#1. They removed, cleaned, replaced 3 injectors. The one was so bad they ordered a new injector from Germany.

My car is tuned APR....but it wasn't tuned when this happened to me. It would suck if your dealership blames your problem on your tune.

By the way.....my car has been fine since (knock on wood).....and I'm at 30,000 mi now.

Keep us posted. Good luck.