GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another gti dead!

OverTimer1

Go Kart Champion
Well I seem to remember penrose posting about this...my gti stalled and wouldent start. I was stoped at a light in neutral with my foot on the break and my car shuts off I'm like that's weird I depress the clutch turn the key and nothing. I take the key out of the ignition and put it back in nothing. At this point I'm getting beeped at and getting pissed off so just keep trying to crank it and out of no where the starter kicks in and the car starts i made it to work 15min late. Before this all happens I had an Ecp light on my dash and before that I filled my tank up any ideas? I really don't have time to go to the dealer this week.

dimitry

Ready to race!
Weird. I had EPC light on once until I got gas (completely unrelated I know). Good luck

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
At least you made it to work. My car was mis-firing so bad that it wasn't even drivable.

Doesn't sound like that happened in your case. Dealer said my injectors were clogged and actually had to replace the #1 injector.......at 8,500 miles!

blueshirts0819

Ready to race!
sorry to hear about your car. The best probably bring it to the stealership for check up. Cars now are so sophisticated you can't pinpoint just one area. Good luck

NaysayerSlayer

Ready to race!
What PENROSE described in his post is exactly how my MK4 did when my timing belt snapped going 80mph down the freeway. All electrical worked when the key was turned to the on posistion but nothing crank-wise. Ofcourse at that speed I had major cylinder and head damage, which is why I sold it off and bought the new MK6!!! lmao!
I'd get it into service ASAP OVERTIMER!!! Sorry to hear this!!!!

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
Hhhmm kinda sounds what happend to my car, search for from love to hate in 24 hours, see if that's the same problem but at the end I got a new ECU from germany.

OverTimer1

Go Kart Champion
I don't really have the time to go to the stealership this week guess I'll just have to hope it was a fluke. More than likely they will tell me they can't reproduce it and nothing will be done.

Randum

Go Kart Champion
I read this, and it may or may not be related, but when I had some work done on my car (Exhaust), it was on the lift, now with the car being at the regular dealer checkups, and myself working under the hood for the intake - they found it because it was on the lift- a LOOSE GROUND WIRE. It literally was dettached from the car. The guys doing work on the car could not figure why this would be detached, and one possibility could be it left the factory this way, and given the placement, would never be noticed until it was on the lift. It was the driver side, literally right under the driver, dangling from the engine bay. They had to search online/manuals, and found it was attached somewhere on the left side of the car, I believe by the fuse box.

Now I don't know the symptons of what could happen if it shorted out etc, but I imagine it would be electrical, and hard to diagnose the cause. It just made me think that for some reason it could have left the factory with this ground wire missing.

Anyone have insight on this? If mine left the factory with this wire not attached, theres a good chance it wasn't the only one. And even with service checkups remained unnnoticed due to its position.

It was literally hidden. It was dangling right behind the black covering on the driver side. I would have the dealer at least explore this possibility.

P

plac

I read this, and it may or may not be related, but when I had some work done on my car (Exhaust), it was on the lift, now with the car being at the regular dealer checkups, and myself working under the hood for the intake - they found it because it was on the lift- a LOOSE GROUND WIRE. It literally was dettached from the car. The guys doing work on the car could not figure why this would be detached, and one possibility could be it left the factory this way, and given the placement, would never be noticed until it was on the lift. It was the driver side, literally right under the driver, dangling from the engine bay. They had to search online/manuals, and found it was attached somewhere on the left side of the car, I believe by the fuse box.

Now I don't know the symptons of what could happen if it shorted out etc, but I imagine it would be electrical, and hard to diagnose the cause. It just made me think that for some reason it could have left the factory with this ground wire missing.

Anyone have insight on this? If mine left the factory with this wire not attached, theres a good chance it wasn't the only one. And even with service checkups remained unnnoticed due to its position.

It was literally hidden. It was dangling right behind the black covering on the driver side. I would have the dealer at least explore this possibility.

hard to understand the location without pics. it is behind the fusebox? or to the side of the fusebox?