GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another GTI Traded

CSteelGrrl

Ready to race!
I came back to the brilliant GTI after a couple of flings. I hope your Evo dalliance satisfies.
:)

legandrex

Ready to race!
Nice car, but don't those things turn about 4,000 rpm's at typical highway speeds?

Swayse

Well, it's been over a year with the evo. It was hard to modify a brand new car and throw the warranty away, but, it now has bolt ons and an etune. The etune was really fun to do, I love looking at the logs after a few pulls on the highway, and looking at the changes after I installed another tweaked tune from my tuner. The car runs good, and is a total blast to drive. I'm really not a big wing guy, but it's functional, and it's a part of the cars heritage, so I guess it stays. It's rare for me not to get bored after a year with a car, but this one is holding my interest. Nobody I know understands it, I can't explain it, but this car is a keeper.

JhnR

Banned
probably feels like a rocket.

still a better love story than the 180hp bmw.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Well, it's been over a year with the evo. It was hard to modify a brand new car and throw the warranty away, but, it now has bolt ons and an etune. The etune was really fun to do, I love looking at the logs after a few pulls on the highway, and looking at the changes after I installed another tweaked tune from my tuner. The car runs good, and is a total blast to drive. I'm really not a big wing guy, but it's functional, and it's a part of the cars heritage, so I guess it stays. It's rare for me not to get bored after a year with a car, but this one is holding my interest. Nobody I know understands it, I can't explain it, but this car is a keeper.

becauseracecar.

Swayse

How about gas mileage? My beloved (and missed) '05 Evo-8 was quite thirsty...

Yeah, it's pretty thirsty when driven normally, but if you put your foot in it, wow! On average week, where GTI got 25 to 28, Evo gets 20 to 22. Road trip, same route, GTI 33, Evo 25. Insurance went up $400 at year, to $1366.

The A/C will freeze you out in a black car on a hot day, where the GTI was barely adequate in a white car. Road noise is about the same in both cars on the bad roads we have here, but when the road is nice and smooth, GTI is way quieter. Rattles, they both have them, Evo has more. Tiny trunk, tiny gas tank, and recaro seats would make it a challenging daily driver. But I've got a beater for work, and my wife drives an Eco boost crew FX4.