GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ANY CHANGES/RUMOURS FOR THE 2011 GTI?

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
Might start to see more Shadow Blue cars around since they officially put it as an option on the website.

Yeah the LED DRLs are a very long shot, since the current headlight design would only have been used for 1 MY, and that's not cost effective. I def believe we will see them on the first MkVI refresh, or the MkVII.

2010GolfGTIMK6

AutoTuning
Has anyone discussed new color options for 2011?

just found this response...

Originally Posted by Dman51
This is from AskaVWSaleGuy.com, he also states we'll know more in about 2 weeks time.

"Just took another peek and now it looks like the GTI gets a new breakdown
GTI
GTI + sunroof
GTI + Sunroof and NAV
GTI Autobahn"

No color changes

Also, there will likely be some differences in Canada...we don't have the 'Autobahn' package here. Although it sounds much like the leather package we have here with the top sports seats...

2010GolfGTIMK6

AutoTuning
Might start to see more Shadow Blue cars around since they officially put it as an option on the website.

Yeah the LED DRLs are a very long shot, since the current headlight design would only have been used for 1 MY, and that's not cost effective. I def believe we will see them on the first MkVI refresh, or the MkVII.

I have heard that there is a strong chance that the LED DRL's will appear on the Mk7's.

Dman511

The Mk6 is supposed to be a short lived generation with the Mk7 coming out sometime in 2012 or at least being announced. The Mk7 according to early reports will be a significant change from the Mk5 and 6. New engines etc.

As far as color options go the only new color for 2010 which will stick for 2011 is the Shadow Blue (Navy). I saw it in person at the NY Auto Show and it was a great looking color other than when you look up front and see the orange stripe on the grill it just looks off.

I have to agree on the LED lights not coming in 2011. With all the spy shots and leaked info on the internet something like that though it seems rather minor is pretty major in my book as it will pop immediately when looking at it head on. Maybe I can see a strip of them below the lights near the fogs like the Golf R but not integrated in the headlight as the Polo GTI.

onomatopoeia

Passed Driver's Ed
The Mk6 is supposed to be a short lived generation with the Mk7 coming out sometime in 2012 or at least being announced. The Mk7 according to early reports will be a significant change from the Mk5 and 6. New engines etc.

Link?

Kg810

Passed Driver's Ed
2011 info coming out tomorrow from a guy over at VWvortex. I will post any info here when that thread gets updated :)

krische

vdubber in training
I'm gonna go on a hunch and say there WON'T be a power bump.

r56mcs

Ready to race!
It looks like buying a 2010 with a good discount is the way to go for me... If I wait too long though, I might not be able to buy the right color/options.

krische

vdubber in training
I dunno, most of the VW dealers around me still have 2009s they are trying to get rid of.