GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any MK6 GTI issues?

panthrax

Passed Driver's Ed
I've lost my 2nd set of fog light covers from the wheel wells after a drive in heavy rain last night.. f*.. and this 2nd set has only been on the car for 2 months.. VW should have a snap screw type fastener for these! grrrr..

Wildweed

Passed Driver's Ed
I have not been on in a while but here's the new list of problems....

Had fuel pump go out at 15500 mile.(I did post on here about that)
Down for a week.

At 20000 mile service I told them about an foul odor coming from a/c
they found mold on cabin filter and replaced under warranty.

25000 miles had a squealing up front of engine took it in and it was the water pump.
Also had a coolant leak on line to turbo. It was down for a week again.

28900 now ..i will take in for 30k service next week and the a/c is having the same smell coming out..sigh..

I do still really enjoy this car but a little afraid of whats next..

Did not want to rant , just to let every know

bryanmn1

Ready to race!
I have not been on in a while but here's the new list of problems....

Had fuel pump go out at 15500 mile.(I did post on here about that)
Down for a week.

At 20000 mile service I told them about an foul odor coming from a/c
they found mold on cabin filter and replaced under warranty.

25000 miles had a squealing up front of engine took it in and it was the water pump.
Also had a coolant leak on line to turbo. It was down for a week again.

28900 now ..i will take in for 30k service next week and the a/c is having the same smell coming out..sigh..

I do still really enjoy this car but a little afraid of whats next..

Did not want to rant , just to let every know

All of that blows.

MegaMikeLA

Ready to race!
Catalytic converter light just popped on this morning when I started up my car... I was like hmm so I shut the car off, waited 10 minutes, and turned it back on again. The manual says take it to the dealership right away..but I am wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them before I make the trek over to a dealership and end up waiting for hours?

Thanks!!

MegaMikeLA

Ready to race!
do you mean the check engine light?

the light came up and I checked the manual and it indicated that there was a "malfunction" with my catalytic converter. The car is completely stock, and since today is sunday, I cant take it to the dealership! Guess ill wait until tomorrow

MrClean

Go Kart Champion
Loaded 2010 GTI, 12500 miles, no problems (now).

Love this car!

I did have a low MPG issued solved by the throttle body TSB reprogram.

I also had/have (intermittent) the ticking noise from the b pillar.

Last edited:

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Wildweed - did your waterpump fail at only 25,000 miles?

Peachaz

Ready to race!
check thread "Common Rattling Noise between 2500 and 3000 rpm". This is the most annoying issue I have. Noise seems to exacerbate in the cold weather!

5000km.

ncelk

8300 miles as of today:

2 minor issues so far, door molding on the outside came loose and had to be replaced on all 4 doors, and steering wheel was off center and had to be aligned.

Intermittent electrical glitch not addressed so far (random dimming of lights on stereo and instrument panel).

Peachaz

Ready to race!
8300 miles as of today:

2 minor issues so far, door molding on the outside came loose and had to be replaced on all 4 doors, and steering wheel was off center and had to be aligned.

Intermittent electrical glitch not addressed so far (random dimming of lights on stereo and instrument panel).

My wheel is off center too, though sometimes, it seems to be straight and others it is OBVIOUSLY out of whack. Not sure how or why it would be intermittent but it's not road slope.

P

plac

My wheel is off center too, though sometimes, it seems to be straight and others it is OBVIOUSLY out of whack. Not sure how or why it would be intermittent but it's not road slope.

steering wheel off center is common on most of the GTIs. i had it fixed on my last ones but not this 2010.